Treasury Analyst I, FIS University Program at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate, and above all fun.
Join the 2022 FIS University Program!
As a 2022 FIS University Program full-time employee, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, professional development seminars and work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success; including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
This two-year full-time program has start dates in January, March, June, and September with a dedicated "Learning Week" where you will;
- Learn how to work within a corporate environment
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organization
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of your peers from across the organization
This position is for a June 27, 2022 start.
About The Team
Corporate Treasury is responsible for the direction and management of treasury, banking, and capital structure strategies for FIS. This includes the care and custody of FIS' cash, financial assets, bank accounts, and banking relationships worldwide, including foreign exchange risks. Treasury manages relationships with external banking partners, credit agencies, investment firms, and credit partners. The team develops and implements treasury policies and procedures applicable to all subsidiaries of FIS and acts as a partner to our business units. Through these tasks, the goal is to optimize the utilization and efficiency of financial assets, maintain appropriate leverage and utilize FIS' balance sheet to enhance shareholder return.
What You Will Be Doing
- Process and monitor electronic payments and payment files in conjunction with treasury procedures and policies.
- Performs research on payment transactions and communicates results to treasury management and internal customers
- Communicates with banking partners on routine transaction research and/or issue resolution
- Utilizes internal systems or bank-provided platforms to access transactional information and to make necessary updates
- Prepares daily operational reports
- Prepares and analyzes cash flow forecasts
- Prepares daily operational reports
- Prepares debt and cash flow management reports
- Cross-train to become proficient in assisting treasury staff with daily duties: such as cash positioning, GL interface processing, quarterly audit, bank administration, and management reporting.
- Performs other related duties assigned as needed.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline
- Basic knowledge of cash management activities and financial analysis along with the ability to understand and apply concepts
- Proficient in the use of basic office equipment and applications specific to the treasury function
- Works well in an environment with firm deadlines; results-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and adjust schedules to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in an organized manner with attention to detail
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Team skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, and public
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills are required.
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back to your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- Student Loan Repayment Program: FIS will PAY OFF your principal loan balance over 10 years of service! Eligibility starts after one year of tenure in the program and is for U.S. participants
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.