Temporary Tax Filing Specialist at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
We are seeking a Temporary Tax Specialist I to join our Tax Filing Team for the month of January 2022. All facets of the organization including Sales, Implementation, Client Service and Finance rely upon Paylocity's Tax Services department. Annually, Tax Services is responsible for tax deposits exceeding $40 billion and tax filing one million tax returns. The Tax Filing Service is responsible for Tax Deposits exceeding $12 billion annually and filing 300,000 tax returns.
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Reports To: Manager, Tax
Dates of Employment: January 3rd - February 4th, 40 hours+ per week
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic understanding of internal tax department processes
- Support preparation and filing quarterly and annual returns with state and local tax agencies
- Support preparation and filing amended quarterly and annual returns with state and local tax agencies
- Prepare data exchanges with tax agencies
- Maintain systems with accurate deposit frequency, rates, EINs and payment method
- Identify error trends and report to Tax Filing Manager
- Demonstrate knowledge to communicate effectively, internally and externally, regarding tax issues
- Work with the internal departments to answer client's questions regarding tax issues
- Corresponding with and building relationships with state tax agencies
- Communicate information related to basic taxation issues to internal partners designated to managing client relationship
- Keep up to date on latest developments as they affect tax regulations and policies
- Independently seek out new opportunities to improve the overall quality of filings on our client's behalf
- One to two years' experience in payroll preferred
- One to two years' experience in tax or a related field preferred
- Experience with Enterprise Employment Tax Software Tools a plus
- Experience as Payroll Practitioner for large company a plus
- Payroll service bureau experience a plus
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred or progress toward certification desired
- Experience in a high volume payroll tax department highly desirable
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel knowledge
- Strong communication skills and problem-solving ability
- High level of integrity
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated - you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable - quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized - detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.