Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Tax Department is relied upon by all facets of the organization including sales, new client implementation, client support and finance. The Tax Filing Service is responsible for Tax Deposits exceeding $40 billion annually and filing 800,000 tax returns. The Tax Compliance Team is primarily responsible for balancing the Payroll system to the Tax System and reconciling variances for new and existing customers. Typically, this role will specialize in either Tax Deposits or Cash Collections. Back up of other roles is a requirement.
Reports To: Manager, Tax
- Create, Import and Post Cash Collection Files for Client Tax Liabilities
- Review and remit timely client tax liability payments and payment coupons to appropriate agency
- Reconcile payroll system to tax system and resolve any open issues
- Submit and Confirm ACH Bank Files
- Register new customers with agencies for EFT payments
- Maintain Deposit Frequencies & EINs in Web Pay & MasterTax
- Review and Release Client Credits consistent with internal policies
- Research status of Outstanding Checks for reconciliation
- Respond to client & internal emails and Service Cloud tickets related to related to client payroll tax liabilities
- Process notice & amendment files when internally requested
- Other related responsibilities at the discretion of management
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent industry experience (1-5 years minimum) required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; strong proficiency in Excel (sort function, vlookups, etc.)
- Ability to work alternative shift times 10:30 AM CT-8:00 PM CT (2-3 days/week). Other days within the week are standard business hours, 8:30 AM CT-5:30 PM CT.
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred or progress toward certification desired
- Payroll service bureau experience strongly preferred
- ACH experience strongly preferred
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving ability
- High level of integrity
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
Education & Awareness
Advocacy & Support
Fairness & Equality
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $40,585-$55,952/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position offers a comprehensive variable compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.