Strategic Finance Associate - Retail at Instacart (San Francisco, CA)
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
We are looking for an Associate to join our Strategic Finance team. You will be joining as an early team member on a growing team, with the opportunity to have a meaningful impact on a fast-growing startup. In this role, you will be a key business partner providing support to the strategic finance team, business development team, and executive leadership. This includes supporting retailer negotiations, budgeting and forecasting, monthly and quarterly business review processes, board and investor materials, and other financial analyses in partnership with key cross functional stakeholders.
As an Associate, you have both strong attention to detail and the ability to consider the big picture to drive strategic and investment recommendations. You are highly analytical and a clear, confident communicator.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Collaborate with Retail BD teams and provide analytical decision support on a wide variety of contract negotiations ranging that unlock new customer use cases, launch new products, expand into new geographies, and more
- Drive long term strategic planning for our growth retail accounts
- Partner with the accounting team on the month-end close process with variance analysis and forecasting updates
- Partner with StratFin leads to generate monthly and quarterly performance and forecast reviews, board meeting and investor presentations, and other financial review presentations
- Prepare insightful analytics for cross functional leadership team; identify areas of opportunity to help develop Instacart’s strategic direction
- Ad hoc financial modeling and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Engineering or other related field
- 3-4 years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated financial acumen and a track record of leveraging data for business impact
- Experience in FP&A / strategic finance at high-growth tech company, corporate strategy, investment banking, equity research, private equity, or consulting preferred
- Highly proficient in advanced Excel with strong attention to detail
- Intermediate SQL knowledge is preferred (or desire to learn)
- Ability to use data to identify and quantify opportunities for growth or profitability improvement
- Strong communication skills and comfort working with internal stakeholders, including senior leadership
- A self-starter with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.