Sr. Accountant at Fluidra North America (San Diego, CA)
Fluidra is seeking a Sr. Accountant to join the team at our North American Headquarters in Carlsbad, CA.
WHAT WE OFFER
An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package that includes:
- Alternate work week schedule (EVERY OTHER FRIDAY OFF!)
- Full range of health benefits including medical, dental & vision, short & long-term disability
- 401(K) matching (100% of first 3% contributed, 50% of the next 2%)
- Flexible vacation
- Hybrid work option
- 11 paid Holidays
- Health and wellness programs / gym reimbursement
- Educational assistance up to $7,000 per year
- On-site self-service café / free gourmet coffee stations
- Company sponsored FUN events!
- On-site gym, ping-pong, foosball, outdoor bocce ball court, BBQ & firepit
- Generous product discounts
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
This position will be primarily responsible for fixed asset (tangible and intangible) accounting. He or she will play a major role in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process including preparing journal entries, performing account reconciliations, preparing audit schedules, and some reporting. Additionally, you will:
- Maintain large fixed asset CIP schedule by project to capture monthly additions and timely transfers out of CIP for assets placed into service.
- Record all fixed asset activity in the ERP fixed asset module and the GL.
- Maintain fixed asset roll forward schedule
- Prepare other various journal entries and other accounting transactions, maintain overall accuracy and integrity of the general ledger, and ensure that financial statements are GAAP and IFRS compliant.
- Play an active role in month-end close process and perform account reconciliations.
- Complete the monthly trial balance consolidation uploads and financial schedules that capture the changes in balance sheet and profit and loss accounts.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and minimize inefficiencies
- Interface with other departments and business units to obtain information required for accounting analysis
- File annual property tax statements on a timely and accurate basis.
- Prepare deliverables to support the preparation of the financial statements, and/or requests for information from all business functions
- Support in responding to audit requests from internal and external auditors.
- Perform other duties as assigned and ad hoc analysis.
WHAT WE SEEK
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience
- CPA strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of US GAAP, general accounting processes and internal controls, and financial analysis tools and techniques. Comprehension of IFRS accounting a plus.
- Strong proficiency with Excel including the use of formulas and pivot tables
- Experience with top tier ERP and related reporting applications; preferably with Oracle ERP and Hyperion/HFM, respectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Must have the ability to think and work independently and possess excellent time management skills in order to meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to effectively to respond to and interact with multiple levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations is essential.
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor's degree required (accounting, business, or finance major preferred)
WHY WORK FOR FLUIDRA?
We’re an industry‐leading, global company with a legacy of innovation. Offering an extensive array of quality‐designed pool and spa equipment, our portfolio includes some of the most trusted brands in the business: Polaris®, Jandy®, CMP, S.R. Smith, and Zodiac®. We also sell products under the Cover‐Pools®, iAquaLink®, Grand Effects® , Dell® and Nature2® names.
Recognized as the foremost provider of reliable and visionary pool equipment, our reach extends worldwide across both the residential and commercial pool and wellness markets. We now have over 7,000 employees, a presence in over 45 countries and the combined resources to accelerate innovation in critical areas like energy-efficiency, robotics and the Internet of Things.
Our focus is on creating the perfect pool and wellness experience responsibly. We take our mission to heart, and our employees embody these guiding principles in everything we do: passion for success, honesty & trust, customer collaboration, teamwork and inclusion, learn and adapt, excellence and innovation.
Don't meet every single requirement listed? At Fluidra, we thrive on building an inclusive workspace, so if you are excited about this role and your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may be just the right candidate for this role or another role in the organization. Fluidra is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Fluidra recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristics.