Senior Revenue Accountant at Chainalysis (New York City, NY)
The Accounting & Finance team at Chainalysis splits their time between fine-tuning the details and evaluating the 30,000 foot view of our business. Our job is to help the company plan for growth by investing in the right resources and audit our expenditures and revenues to ensure we’re being fiscally responsible.
We are looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant. This person will work on revenue accounting and assist with other technical accounting projects where applicable. This person will also help build robust and scalable financial reporting processes and controls from the ground up to ensure we close each quarter and year-end at a public company standard. The ideal candidate will be able to think independently, be able to multi-task, and a proactive worker.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- Perform day-to-day revenue accounting activities ensuring compliance with GAAP, internal policies, and external audits.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, reconciliations and supporting schedules.
- Review complex customer contracts and schedule revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP.
- Analyze and document the revenue treatment of deals to identify non-standard terms with revenue impacts.
- Perform fluctuation analysis on revenue metrics.
- Perform monthly and quarterly close procedures.
- Collaborate with other Finance and cross-functional teams on monthly close matters, including financial statement and footnote preparation.
- Analyze the stand-alone selling price, management judgements, and other assumptions used to assess revenue recognition under ASC 606 and contract acquisition costs under ASC 340.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned including assisting with internal and external audits.
- Assist in performing accounting analyses, draft memorandums, and provide technical accounting guidance on the following areas of US GAAP (not intended to be all inclusive): Business Combinations, Consolidation, Stock-Based Compensation, Foreign Currency, Leases, & Internally Developed Software.
- Read and interpret legal language in contracts, research accounting guidance and summarize in technical memos.
A background like this helps:
- Related revenue accounting experience, preferably within the SaaS/FinTech environment. Big 4 experience is a plus.
- Oral and written communication skills to interact with upper levels of management.
- Understand how to effectively work with other business groups to accomplish goals.
- Data-oriented and unfazed by large datasets.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time appropriately.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Hands-on, flexible, and a team player able to function in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Experience researching, applying, and documenting accounting rules.
- Understanding of month end close, GAAP, SOX and audit concepts and requirements required.
- Experience working with Salesforce, FinancialForce and NetSuite is strongly preferred.
- CPA strongly preferred.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.