We are seeking a highly motivated individual with federal government finance experience to join our growing Pricing team. The Senior Pricing Specialist will support all aspects of cost proposals including analyzing proposal solicitation requirements to preparing for the final submission of the cost volume. The Senior Pricing Specialist will also regularly interact with internal customers, requiring a high level of coordination and communication. This position offers the flexibility to work remotely with occasional travel to the office required. Preference is for a candidate in the Boston, MA area, but we will also consider candidates in the Washington DC Metro area.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Collect, summarize, and analyze financial cost data in preparation of cost proposals
- Set up and lead proposal kickoff meetings and define upfront the costing requirements working with the proposal team
- Use critical thinking skills and attention to detail to prepare cost proposals for fully compliant submission
- Collect and organize detailed pricing documentation to serve as reference for future inquiries or audits
- Provide end-to-end pricing support for all contract type proposals
- Perform special projects as assigned
Experience & Qualifications:
- Ideal candidate will have worked in a Government Contracting environment, specifically working on proposals
- PROPRICER (or related pricing tool) experience is preferred (not required)
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft Excel and ability to create common formulas, like SUBTOTAL, VLOOKUP functionality, pivot tables, etc.
- Working experience using Microsoft Word is preferred
- Candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Ability to collaborate, communicate, and coordinate effectively and in a professional manner across the organization
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills which support strategic data interpretation
- Proficient organization skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Capacity to handle multiple priorities and proposals and adapt to change
- Desire to work independently and in a team environment to meet deadlines
- Decision-making skills reflecting sound judgement while complying with policies and procedures
- Self-motivation and thirst for knowledge to drive efficiencies and improve processes
- Passion to maintain professional and effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to obtain a government security clearance, if required
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Business or Finance
- 3-7+ years of experience in Accounting, Finance, or related field
STR is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us. Visit us at www.str.us for more info.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at [email protected] and provide your contact info.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws.