Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting at Reddit
Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can find experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 52 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are expanding our Revenue Accounting team and looking to bring on a Senior Manager who is excited to roll up their sleeves and lead the team to build and develop scalable revenue recognition and month-end close processes.
This role will lead our revenue accounting team and work cross-functionally to understand the Company’s non-routine revenue contracts and new product offerings. This person will leverage their familiarity with ASC 606, to quickly identify the accounting implications of proposed contract terms, and operationalize the accounting without slowing down the business or our month-end close processes.
The ideal candidate will have a mixture of public accounting and industry experience, specifically in advertising or digital media/entertainment, and be able to operate in a fast growth environment. This person is a self-starter who is organized, highly analytical, collaborative and a problem solver. If you are interested in continuing your career in an exciting and high growth company, then this is the role for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Drive strategy of revenue accounting, revenue automation projects, and develop accounting for new revenue streams.
- Lead the team through month-end close and reporting process for revenue and deferred revenue to ensure an accurate and timely revenue close.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the revenue accounting function, with a focus on process improvements, automation and analysis of the business results to support Reddit’s scale and growth.
- Lead critical accounting projects, including being a subject matter expert in revenue recognition for cross functional groups.
- Own the review of sales arrangements to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606. Research, review, and draft technical accounting memos.
- Support and develop continual improvement and implementation of SOX controls throughout revenue processes.
- Partner with and communicate the accounting implications of transactions to internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Brainstorm, design, and lead user acceptance testing of automation projects.
- Hire, train, motivate and evaluate Revenue Team members and contractors.
- Prepare ad hoc quantitative analyses.
- Challenge the “status quo”, lead process improvement to streamline revenue and AR processes and shorten the month-end close timelines.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 8+ years revenue accounting experience with direct experience in the advertising or digital media/entertainment space.
- 4+ years of experience managing direct reports and leading teams.
- A mixture of Big 4 and industry experience.
- Experience presenting complex matters to senior management.
- Strategic mindset and ability to work in ambiguous, challenging situations.
- Advanced Excel skills and comfortable with large data volume.
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP specifically of ASC 606.
- Experience with major ERP, CRM systems required (Netsuite, Oracle, Salesforce).
- Strong leadership capabilities and a focus on team management.
- Able to work under time pressure, prioritize a high workload, and meet strict deadlines.
- Positive attitude and flexible to changing priorities, especially in the period of month/quarter/year-end closing.
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or higher education equivalent.
- CPA or equivalent.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].