The mission of CNA's Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) function is to build upon an established risk management framework to support the achievement of the company's strategic goals. In order to do this, the ERM function collaborates with the business areas to integrate effective risk management practices across all areas of the business. The ERM function establishes an enterprise-wide view of acceptable risk levels and aggregates, models, and evaluates exposures across all areas of the business.
We are looking to add to the team a senior financial analyst to perform economic/financial research and analysis for use in the development of business strategies/decision-making. The senior financial analyst would participate in discussions with business leaders to develop economic forecasts of business conditions and trends, which may include statistical studies, and analyze results. The senior analyst would support and/or lead moderately complex financial analysis projects. Additionally, the senior analyst will gain broad exposure to business leaders in all areas of the business and collaborate with Corporate Compliance and Internal Audit teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Incorporates advanced theoretical concepts as part of the explanation of financial results and develops various scenarios to illustrate the conclusions submitting findings and interpretations for review.
- Accountable for independently identifying and investigating issues related to projects. Selects approach from accepted body of methodology or recommended alternatives.
- Defines assumptions, which support the financial analysis and resulting recommendations of assigned projects.
- Prepares, analyzes and reviews budgetary and financial reports. Determines reporting requirements, anomalies, trends and necessary analysis.
- Collaborates in the development of long-range financial forecasts and related budgets considering alternative scenarios as needed.
- May reconcile and maintain the financial analysis databases and related processes.
- Participates in assigned special projects.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
AVP or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Knowledge of corporate, departmental and industry accounting/finance policies, procedures and principles.
2. Solid knowledge of GAAP and/or statutory accounting principles.
3. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve moderately complex situations and issues.
4. Must be results oriented with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
5. Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
6. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with accounting/finance and other staff and departments.
7. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems, including processing systems and applications.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree, preferably in accounting or finance, or equivalent.
2. Typically a minimum three to four years of related financial analysis experience with work toward CPA, CFA, CMA or professional insurance designation preferred.