The Senior Financial Analyst position is part of CNA's Investments & Treasury Division. This division is responsible for managing the firm's bank relationships and cash management activities, as well as trade settlement, analysis, accounting and reporting for the firm's $40+ billion investment portfolio. This role offers an opportunity to collaborate across the division and with various business units outside of Investments & Treasury including our banking partners and asset managers in order to align strategic initiatives with daily activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with the execution of the global short term investment portfolio of approximately $1.2 billion.
- Partner with Cash Operations and other internal business units on daily cash needs and ensuring funding needs are met.
- Perform trade settlement responsibilities for the firm's $40+ billion investment portfolio. This includes but is not limited to utilizing Bloomberg and banking resources to monitor trade activity, investigate individual transactions, and resolve issues through communication with trading team, brokers, and custody bank personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring resolution of voluntary corporate actions via daily monitoring of pending actions, coordinating with credit analysts, and providing appropriate instruction is executed.
- Perform other middle office investment responsibilities including monthly reconciliation of investment positions between custody and accounting records as well as application of third-party pricing.
- Participates in defining the issues and scope of assigned projects; suggests approach and methodology, and enhances analysis where applicable. Assist in the development and implementation of financial strategies or tactics.
- Prepares and presents interpretations of findings for leadership within Investments & Treasury Division and broader corporate partners. Proactively investigate anomalies and variances in data.
- Interacts and coordinates with other departments to address business issues and meet organizational objectives.
- Participates in Sarbanes-Oxley reviews as needed. Completes audit requests, as required.
Director or Above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Excellent organization, planning and time management skills. Proven ability to manage competing priorities and execute deliverables in a timely fashion.
2. Act like an owner by taking pride in your work and acting with a sense of urgency.
3. Strong analytical skills able to solve problems creatively by using your imagination, valuing diverse ideas, embracing change, and making processes as efficient as possible.
4. Ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with external and internal customers, peers, and management.
5. Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
6. Technical knowledge of banking processes, documentation, applications and controls is a plus.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, or related field
2. Typically three to five years of related experience