Senior Financial Analyst- Marketing Finance at M1 Finance
Who we are:
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our boring, entrenched, and slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $5 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we’re looking for:
This individual will be a key player in Finance, partnering with and supporting the Marketing team. The candidate will work closely with cross functional stakeholders to develop projections for the company P&L. The candidate will also be responsible for developing, improving, and maintaining relevant standardized reporting with emphasis on key metrics and financial results. The ideal candidate must possess strong communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work effectively with various stakeholders. This person must be experienced in Excel with strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
What you'll do:
- Drive the optimization of financial resources by providing detailed analysis of Marketing investment and ROI
- Monitor and partner with performance Marketing team to continually evaluate results and make optimization recommendations
- Establish and maintain standardized financial and metric reporting – along with variance analysis – for the Marketing team
- Establish and maintain internal controls for Marketing expenses, including month-end close, invoice review, and payment term compliance
- Provide input on the automation and design of processes to improve the efficiency of reporting and deeper understanding of unit economics
- 3-5 years of finance experience, ideally in Marketing Finance, Commercial Finance, or Corporate Finance
- Experience preparing and presenting financial information to key decision-makers
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills for key funnel metrics
- Ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams, and strong communication skills
- Results and detail-oriented, eager to roll-up sleeves to accomplish tasks
- Positive attitude with willingness to embrace unstructured environments
- Nice to have:
- Experience with Planful, NetSuite, Tableau, Office365
- Experience in startup, pre-IPO B2C, or FinTech industry environment
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym