At GOAT Group, the Finance team is responsible for managing the company's financial profile. Through analysis, reporting, long-range planning and partnering with business leaders, our Finance team enables strategic decision-making and helps contextualize financial implications across the company. By joining our Finance team, you will work with a group of thoughtful, insightful individuals, all of whom are committed to solving complex problems and ensuring the continued growth of the company and its platforms.
We are seeking a Senior Finance Analyst with excellent communication and strong analytical skills to work closely with the team on strategic analysis, reporting, and budgeting. In this role, you will provide thoughtful insight into business trends to internal business partners and our executive team to facilitate key actions and outcomes. To be successful, you must be able to analyze and interpret data to draw out actionable insights and drive change.
In This Role You Will:
- Partner with the team and business leaders to create financial reviews for monthly presentations to executive leadership
- Support the company’s financial reporting and budgeting process
- Perform and review month-end variance analysis, working collaboratively with accounting, data, and business leaders to understand prime factors driving variance
- Manage budgets for key functional teams by partnering with business leaders and ensuring sound financial choices are made
- Own and evolve financial reports to accurately mirror evolving business strategy and needs
- Build and maintain various dashboards to track key finance team’s metrics
- Recommend strategies to maintain adequate expenditure and investment controls
- Partner with cross-functional teams on cost control and other efficiency improvement initiatives
- Drive other ad-hoc strategic projects, working across the business as necessary
We Are Looking For:
- 2+ years experience in FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, or strategic finance in high-growth environments
- Familiarity with Technology, E-commerce, and/or Marketplace business models, including omnichannel sales models (web, mobile, and retail)
- Resilience and flexibility to the demands of working in a fast-growing start up, including the need to adapt, build, and learn new aspects of the business as necessary
- A strong ability to work at a strategic level, but you're equally excited to roll up your sleeves
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills with a formidable attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively to drive cross-functional execution on business goals
- Elevated pride of ownership in work product
- Strong team player with ability to effectively communicate with team members at all levels of the organization
- Ability to transform raw data into actionable insights for the business
- Proven understanding of accounting and accounting operations/processes
- Exposure to NetSuite and/or other accounting systems preferred
- Mastery in Excel and PowerPoint
- SQL exposure (or a willingness to learn)
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
If you are an EU or UK resident, please review our EU / UK Candidate & Employee Privacy Notice.