Inspire is a clean energy technology company on a mission to transform the way consumers access clean energy and to accelerate the world’s transition to a net-zero carbon future.
We provide our customers with access to renewable energy from wind, solar, and hydro powered sources without service interruptions or costly installations at a flat, predictable monthly rate. For every year that a customer spends with Inspire Clean Energy, they have a greater impact on climate change than 10 years of strict recycling.
Our rapidly growing team of mission-driven, climate enthusiasts is passionate, innovative and committed to a better future for the planet.
As a Senior Analyst on the Financial Strategy team, you will work cross functionally and be responsible for defining and shaping our 3 year growth strategy through data-driven analyses. You will be expected to evaluate our growth across markets and products, ideate and test opportunities to improve performance, and provide guidance back to the business that will inform our overall business strategy. You will be a crucial part of a team committed to expanding our renewable energy footprint and driving a brighter energy future.
THE SENIOR ANALYST, FINANCIAL STRATEGY HAS # MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Driving Growth Strategy: Using data driven decision frameworks to steer our growth strategy across markets, products, and sales teams in an effort to optimize the volume and quality of customers on our platform.
- Providing Guidance on Opportunities and Risks to Our Growth Forecast: Standing on the front lines of our business using advanced forecasting models to identify opportunities and risks to our growth forecast and guiding the business on how to respond.
- Analyzing and Understanding Business Performance: Using dashboards and regular reporting to track our performance across key indicators.
- Communicating Business Performance and Strategies to the Leadership Team: Presenting reports on business performance and recommendations for the evolution of our business strategy to internal stakeholders including our leadership team on a regular cadence.
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- In partnership with Finance, Sales and Commercial Strategy, develop and own the 3 Statement Financial Operating Model for the business
- Become deeply familiar with all the KPIs that drive the business and develop a process for raising areas of concern if we diverge from the desired results
- Continue to improve our process for evaluating new and existing sales partners and sales channels
- Provide strategic support on corporate development initiatives and M&A activity
- Development and execution of strategies to improve our unit economics through improving sales volume, supporting price optimization, successful GTM insights and product analysis.
- Timely and thoughtful analytic support across our entire origination function using data-driven analyses with a bias to action.
- Analytical - must be able to develop frameworks for evaluating problems and have the technical skills to run an analysis to ground and communicate the results
- Articulate - must be able to distill down complex topics and communicate them clearly to a variety of audiences
- Driven - must be internally driven to succeed with insatiable curiosity and a determination to deliver on high impact goals
- Persevering - must be able to handle a fast paced role with competing priorities and short deadlines
- Must Have
- 3-4 years of experience in Corporate Finance, Investment banking, M&A.
- Fluency in excel-based financial modelling
- Exceptional analytical abilities and experience using relational databases
- Understanding of key accounting principles
- Experience communicating complex analyses to different audiences
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint); intermediate understanding of GSuite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Strong quantitative skills and the ability to interpret financial data, including financial statements, key financial performance indicators, valuation models and techniques.
- Nice to Have
- Investment banking experience
- Venture Capital or Private Equity experience
- Experience presenting analyses to C-Suite
- Tableau, SQL read-write experience