Senior Accountant at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
This position reports to our Accounting Director over corporate accounting
What you will be doing
You will record general ledger journal entries, prepares client invoices, conducts account reconciliation and various analyses of financial statements.
• Uses financial data to prepare and record general ledger journal entries.• Prepares cash and balance sheet account reconciliations.• Analyzes the financial statements and provides concise explanations for variances.• Researches period over period variances in revenue, cost of sales and expense and provides logical explanations for fluctuations.• Prepares self-reporting invoices for enhancement and insurance type activities.• Assists internal clients by providing information required to file tax returns, prepare insurance documentation and any other required information pertaining to the entity.
What you bring
Bachelor's degree, accounting preferred
• 3+ years of experience• Knowledge of budgeting, cash management, and financial analysis processes• Knowledge of accounting principles, financial statements, practices, and procedures• Considerable knowledge of banking functions• Skill in analytical and statistical examination for complex problem solving• Skill in the use of 10-key adding machine, computer, and general office tools• Ability to create spreadsheets and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and accounting software• Attention to detail and accuracy• Ability to prepare financial reports• Ability to understand financial information• Ability to work with entry-level and middle managers in analyzing financial situations• Ability to handle stressful situations• Ability to maintain confidentiality• Ability to meet deadlines• Ability to work in an organized manner and consistently follow-up on tasks• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, and public
Added bonus if you have
•Big company or big 4 experience
• Financial technology experience
What we offer you
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.