Senior Accountant at XBTO Group (Miami, FL)
XBTO is a world leader in cryptoﬁnance. In 2015, we were the ﬁrst to provide institutional- grade liquidity to major trading platforms. Since then, we have made significant efforts to create stability in the cryptocurrency markets. We continue to grow and shape the industry through our extensive trading experience and deep technical knowledge ofblockchain. XBTO consistent ranks among the top crypto trading and venture investing firms.
As a senior staff accountant, you will work in the internal accounting function of the company to carry out consistent company financial procedures. The role is to prepare and review financial information and organize it in a way that provides a clear picture of the company’s fiscal health. This role will manage the billing processes including accounts receivable and accounts payable. When processing financial documents, this role may also look for ways to improve efficiency and recognize unnecessary expenses. As the senior staff accountant, you will regularly update company records with details about income and itemized expenses to reflect the most accurate information and meet financial regulations.
- Manage the day to day activities of the corporate accounting and accounts payable functions
- Maintain an accounting system, which provides accurate and timely presentation of financial results in accordance with US GAAP
- Prepare and analyze monthly cash flow statements.
- Manage the monthly close, preparation of the financial statements
- Review and/or prepare balance sheet and other account analyses and reconciliations
- Identify areas for process improvement, cost savings, develop and implement ways to improve financial reporting and controls
- Prepare/review bank reconciliations and other general ledger accounts.
- Prepare/analyze month-end revenue and expense accruals.
- Create annual budgets and update forecasts on an ongoing basis
- Provide information to support the preparation and filing of tax returns
- Serve as liaison with internal and external auditors
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good understanding of GAAP
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving and time management skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- Willingness to trust co-workers and to take ownership
- Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- Strong professional demeanour, work ethic and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with remote teams globally and possess cultural intelligence
- Responsibility, good collaboration, humility, and ability to deliver independently
- Able to work autonomously and possess an infectious ‘can -do’ attitude!
XBTO wants to accelerate the social benefits of cryptocurrency. To achieve this goal, we innovate and create “Trusted Crytofinance”. We work with leading traders, investors, and entrepreneurs. Are you next?
In contributing your expertise to the growth of XBTO and the cryptofinance ecosystem, you will receive a market leading compensation package in addition to generous benefits. You will experience a fun and collegiate work environment with the chance to work in some great locations such as Miami, New York or Paris. Both short term placements as well as permanent may be available (facilitated by sponsoring work permits globally as required). You will find colleagues who will laugh with you, just as much as they will challenge you, around the clock given our global presence. Our DNA is one that is performance-driven and meritocratic meaning that the upside for strong resultsis immense.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification and background checks.
XBTO is an equal opportunity employer. We seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.