Revenue Systems Accounting Manager at Jack Henry & Associates (Dallas, TX)
Description & Requirements
At Jack Henry & Associates, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you'll join us. We can't do it without you.
This position will oversee and manage the financial accounting processes and system management primarily related to revenue recognition, partnering with the revenue team and IT to support the needs of the business. Additional areas of focus include but are not limited to: leading and managing several staff, driving various process improvements, developing process automation, and audit compliance, ensuring data accuracy while driving efficiencies/cost reductions and leveraging best practices The position will be demanding and requires a strong accounting-based project manager with effective people management skills and good accounting system experience to succeed. The revenue team has grown quickly over the past years as revenue guidance has grown increasingly complex, and the position would join this strong team already performing to a very high level and having fun in the process.
This position can be based to work out of any of the following Jack Henry office locations: Springfield, MO / Monett, MO / Allen, TX / Lenexa, KS.
What you'll be responsible for:
• Provides technical assistance to management and the finance team to ensure proper revenue recognition treatment. May lead cross functional efforts and training with groups outside of corporate accounting, including legal, sales and finance to insure all sources of revenue are properly reviewed for accounting purposes and processed on a timely basis.
• Ensures that revenue is recorded correctly as it relates to multiple deliverables. Makes determinations if orders should form a single or multiple revenue arrangement.
• Review and support all revenue recognition disclosures in all SEC filings. Maintain SOX compliance for all revenue related controls.
• Responsible for revenue accounting close for month-end and quarter-end. Ensure timely and accurate process to meet close/reporting timeline.
• Ensure revenue accounting policies are documented and applied consistently on a company wide basis.
• Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to improve and automate revenue accounting processes including reconciliation of data, reporting, and analysis.
• Work with auditors to ensure that company revenue recognition interpretations and internal revenue guidance are consistent and compliant with GAAP and all technical pronouncements.
• Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Lead and serve as a mentor to the revenue team.
• May perform other job duties as assigned.
What you'll need to have:
• Bachelor's degree.
• Must have a minimum of 7 years of combination experience in Accounting in any of the following fields: Finance OR Accounting Project Management / Financial Systems OR Revenue Finance Management.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience managing a team as a Manager or Supervisor.
• Must be able to travel up to 20% to visit employees that may be in other JHA location.
What would be nice for you to have:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
• CPA or equivalent.
• PMP certification, or similar project management qualification.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet motivated people who align with Jack Henry's mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
Why Jack Henry?
At Jack Henry, we pride ourselves through our motto of, "Do the right thing, do whatever it takes, and have fun." We recognize the value of our associates and believe much of our company's strength and success depends on their well-being. We demonstrate our commitment by offering outstanding benefit programs to ensure the physical, mental & financial wellbeing of our people is always met.
Culture of Commitment
Ask our associates why they love Jack Henry, and many will tell you it is because our culture is exceptional. We do great things together. Rising to meet challenges and seeking opportunities is part of who we are as an organization. Our culture has helped us stay strong through challenging times and we credit our dedicated associates for our success. Visit our Corporate Responsibility site to learn more about our culture and commitment to our people, customers, community, environment, and shareholders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business-and our society-stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.
Requests for full corporate job description may be requested through the interview process at any time.