What you'll do:
- Managing revenue operations and accounting, including opportunity tracking in Salesforce, working with project managers to perform percentage-of-completion calculations for revenue recognition, journal entries, reconciliations, and other ad hoc reporting as needed
- Implementing and monitoring standard procedures and improving the internal control environment across the team.
- Ensure that deadlines are met with all applicable accounts
- Contract review for new contracts to identify accounting requirements under ASC 606.
- Standardization of the contract review and revenue reporting processes across the company.
- Working closely with the management and accounting teams to support accurate reporting for the company.
- Supporting the Year End and interim audit processes as required.
- Using effective metrics to provide meaningful reporting to the Controller to aid monitoring the performance of the company.
- Staying informed of changes in financial regulations and legislation as applicable to the team.
Projects that you might work on:
- Implementation of system enhancements related to revenue recognition
- Build out of Revenue operations function with leading practices to be best in class
- A proven track record of managing and developing successful revenue operations teams & experience of managing a centralized function in a multi-site environment
- Expertise in revenue recognition requirements of ASC 606
- Public accounting experience
- Good communicator with strong interpersonal skill and emotional intelligence
- Able to work autonomously and flexibly
- Positive enthusiastic approach with a can-do attitude
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent excel skills and all-round IT skills
- Able to demonstrate achieving success in a deadline driven environment and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Experience with Costpoint a plus
- Experience with international expansions a plus
- Public company experience preferred
- Experience with government regulations preferred
- Implementation lead experience for ASC 606