Revenue Accountant (USA Remote) at Turnitin
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
Revenue Accountant (perm and temp)
Summary of role:
Assist in the application of our Revenue Recognition policies and procedures to all transactions with our customers, partners and resellers
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
Assist with sections of the monthly revenue close process, which includes preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and analysis of Deferred Revenue, Booked Revenue and Royalty Expenses
Assist with the monthly commission close process for both resellers and in-house sales teams, working with internal stakeholders to ensure payments are reported in line with timetable
Assist with the update of revenue and commission related desktop procedures
Assist Finance team in maintaining and updating internal documentation for revenue policies, procedures and controls, flagging suggestions for improvement and efficiency
Assist with schedule preparation and inquiries related to year-end audit
2 years experience in staff accounting (Revenue experience a plus)
High level of excel skills
Experience with excel-based reconciliations and month-end activities
High level of curiosity, initiative, ownership and problem solving
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.