Property Accounting Manager at Saltbox (Remote)
At Saltbox, we believe that operational excellence turns strong brands into great companies. For far too long, digitally-enabled companies working with physical goods have been pushed to the fringes of the entrepreneurial ecosystem. We’re here to change that. Within our purpose-built warehouses, we offer flexible workspaces and logistics-enabling solutions that help e-commerce companies start, grow, and scale.
Backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in the world, we are opening locations across the U.S. Founded by experienced executives in real estate, logistics, customer success and technology, we’re on a mission to ensure that every entrepreneur has a place to call home.
Saltbox is home to a diverse group of team members building something from the ground up. Saltbox differentiates itself by enabling each individual to drive a huge impact for the organization while offering them flexibility, remote work options and career advancement opportunities. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place!
What We’re Looking For
As an early member of our accounting team, you will play a significant role in managing the financial review and analysis of our managed properties. The ideal candidate for this role has significant experience with property agreements and 3rd party property owner accounting, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is motivated by the challenges we face while executing our vision. You will help build critical processes that focus on developing and streamlining location financial integrity as well as communications with our managed property partners. You will take a strategic approach to help us grow while also diving into the details of an operationally complex business.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for planning and directing the location accounting function, which includes financial reporting, cash management, auditing, balance sheet management, and cost control systems for assigned locations.
- Serve as the point of contact for Property Owners, as it relates to financial matters.
- Manage a system of collaboration to ensure transparent and accurate reporting and funding. This will include working with our Real Estate team (management agreement detail), Construction and Design (fixed assets), FP&A (budgets), Accounts Payable (proper accounting treatment for invoices, expense reports, and capital), etc.
- Develop streamlined processes to ensure transactional integrity and quality.
- Build and maintain reporting infrastructure that reflects the business and improves decision making at all levels.
- Be entrepreneurial and adaptable, filling in the gaps for the team as we build an accounting team that scales.
- Assist accounts payable by reviewing invoices, expense reports, and capital expenditures to ensure proper accounting treatment, coding, and business unit approval.
- 4-year bachelor degree in accounting.
- 2+ years’ experience as an accountant working with GAAP based financials.
- 4+ years’ experience working with property agreements and property owners.
- CPA, or CPA track (Director of Accounting is a licensed CPA).
- Strong communication skills as you build relationships with your team, colleagues and external stakeholders. They view you as a helpful partner who aims for successful outcomes.
- Proactive and curious mindset, taking initiative to be innovative and improve the way we operate.
- Experience in a high growth, operationally complex environment is a plus.
- Familiarity with NetSuite is very desirable.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Target salary - $90,000-$100,000/annually plus equity; negotiable based on qualifications
What We Offer
Saltbox strives to do everything we can to support our team members. We strongly value creating an environment where our employees are healthy and happy. Because of this, we are committed to generous benefits including:
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Company-sponsored long and short term disability and life insurance
- Paid time-off, sick time and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Team building retreats, coffee chats, and meal perks
- Job training opportunities, learning and professional development budgets
Join Saltbox. Our mission is to make logistics approachable, accessible, and efficient for all. Listen to what human-centric logistics means to our members. Learn more.