Procurement & Financial Operations Manager at Chainalysis
The finance team at Chainalysis splits their time between fine-tuning the details and evaluating the 30,000 foot view of our business. Our job is to help the company plan for growth by investing in the right resources and audit our expenditures and revenues to ensure we’re being fiscally responsible.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you…
- Oversee planning and strategic implementation of strategic goals for procurement and build and manage the FinOps team and function
- Manage all purchasing activities and establish purchasing processes and procedure
- Serve as the business lead on company wide roll-outs such as Procure to Pay and Travel & Expense systems
- Work collaboratively with the Legal team to develop procurement policies and procedures and influence adoption and adherence to policies
- Review and implement additional tools that will support and drive efficiencies and controls
- Manage contract renewals, amendments, and work orders for vendors across the entire company
- Negotiate the best pricing possible; identify and mitigate wasteful spending
- Identifying cost savings opportunities and the implementation of programs to actualize these savings
- Provide senior management with visibility and key terms for all vendor contracts
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across legal, finance, security and various business stakeholders that enable the procurement organization to provide support including initiation, project tracking, risk escalation and best practice sharing for all contracts
- Support the creation of vendor scorecards to measure and track vendor performance and risk
- Facilitate business reviews to discuss best practices and issues and to ultimately improve vendor performance and strengthen business partnerships
A background like this helps
- Several years of experience in procurement/financial operations
- Experience with roll-out of systems to the broader company (e.g Coupa)
- Experience participating on cross-functional and/or global team
- Experience supporting initiatives from strategy to execution and delivering results while managing multiple tasks with strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to discover, design, and implement strategic processes and projects that solve business problems
- Problem-solving, strategic, and analytical skills, combined with proven business acumen. Ability to navigate ambiguity
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
- Employees are not required to attend in-person meetings at this time. All in-person, Chainalysis attendees must be vaccinated* prior to the in-person event/meeting
- You must follow cleaning protocols. This includes washing your hands before and after meetings or using a disinfectant or alcohol solution with at least 70% alcohol
- If a worker or visitor was in close or proximate contact with others at the office location and tests positive for COVID-19, they must immediately notify the People team
- *A USA employee is considered fully vaccinated if they meet any of the following criteria:
It has been 2 weeks since their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
It has been 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, or
A person has recovered from a COVID-19 infection and was treated with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma and are within 90 days of the treatment. Please note that once 90 days has passed after the monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma treatment, an employee will not be permitted to meet in-person or go to a customer meeting until they meet the above criteria of being fully vaccinated
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.