Manager, FP&A at bluebird bio (Remote)
ABOUT THE NEST
The nest is a place where every role has meaning, every team member is respected, and every day is a chance to fly higher. When you join bluebird bio, you're not just landing a new gig, you become part of a flock that's pursuing curative gene therapies to give patients and their families more bluebird days. We are doers, thinkers and collaborators who embrace and live by our values:
- Persist for Purpose
- Be Compassionate
- Stay humble and curious
- Keep it real
- Celebrate (sm)all wins
Our innovation is rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the integration of multiple viewpoints. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
As part of our exciting, fast-paced FP&A team, this individual will be a business-facing Finance team member providing critical business and financial decision support. This person will play an integral role in establishing and driving processes in areas such as budgeting/forecasting, management reporting and providing important input to and from FP&A to the business as we scale both to meet the needs of our organization.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
You'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Becoming a key resource to the R&D teams for all things finance including forward looking projections, contract reviews, requisitions and POs, accruals, and assessment of performance vs. plan, providing financial expertise across all areas of operations from planning to execution
- Providing decision support to stakeholders across R&D departments during active planning cycles (budget, reforecast, LRP) and on an ongoing and adhoc basis
- Developing, analyzing, interpreting and presenting financial results to various stakeholders within the organization, with the ability to adapt messaging depending on the audience, from department planners to executive level
- Supporting R&D during all planning phases to ensure alignment with the rest of our business during forward looking cycles, including running workstreams in coordination with executive management, our business partners & the broader FP&A team
- Collaborating with relevant members of our accounting team on processes such as the month-end close, including partnership on accruals and Budget versus Actual analyses
- Advising on business planning assumptions, trade-offs and scenarios to support strategic decisions within the business
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and 5+ years of relevant experience, including as a business partner
- Understanding of GAAP/IFRS accounting principles
- In depth knowledge of MS Office applications
- Knowledge of financial planning software (e.g. Hyperion) a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with changing priorities
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.