WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a hands-on detailed oriented Accounting Manager to serve as the operational accounting lead on a growing team. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Accounting, the successful candidate will own a variety of month-end and quarter-end tasks. This position requires a person who performs at a high level of accuracy and efficiency, is well organized, and demonstrates ownership and initiative to accomplish goals. Additionally, the candidate will be innovative to drive efficiencies through continual evaluation of our systems and business processes. In this role, you will be expected to be a key contributor and have exposure to Senior Management.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own the month-end closing activities including preparation and/or review of critical GAAP journal entries, account reconciliations, preparing and reviewing financial reporting and flux analysis
- Manage the day to day transactional accounting activities, including cash, accounts payable, capitalized software accounting, payroll accounting, reconciliations and other general ledger areas assigned across multiple legal entities
- Coordinating and supporting statutory compliance and audits for Braze’s international entities
- Assist with implementing accounting policies and procedures that ensure all financial transactions are executed according to GAAP principles
- Responsible for identifying and implementing improvements in work processes including automation and SOX-readiness, documenting and monitoring internal controls related to areas assigned
- Continually evaluate current state and drive change for greater efficiency and improvements in month end close processes
- Interface with external accountants during year-end audits and quarterly reviews, including preparation and review of PBC list items
- Collaborate and coordinate with various business partners to obtain required financial reporting information and develop improvements to the financial reporting process
- Manage key accounting systems and lead/ participate in system optimization initiatives
- A people manager of an agile and lean accounting function responsible for staff performance, development and performance appraisals
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience, with at least 1 year of experience supervising/managing accounting staff
- Big 4 or large regional accounting firm experience is required
- CPA and/or MBA strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SOX
- Experience working in a high-growth, publicly traded company, strongly preferred
- Solid organizational, analytical, and verbal / written communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and gSuite skills required.
- Solid experience using NetSuite and FloQast, is preferred
- Solid experience optimizing Accounting & Finance processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Experience working with international teams across time zones, and strong prior experience with intercompany accounting and consolidation
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment, successfully juggling multiple entities, projects, and deliverables
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.