Lead Strategic Financial Analyst at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Provide financial and business analysis support for card customer acquisition.
- Be a subject matter expert on the profitability of accounts sourced through selected channels.
- Evaluate the financial impact of pricing, underwriting, offer and other strategy changes.
How You’ll Do It
- Quantify a wide variety of business opportunities, issues and strategies for business cases using financial analyses.
- Provide management with strategic advice and financial analyses for investment decisions, pricing changes, and channel and segment expansions.
- Leverage big data to analyze customer behaviors and product profitability trends to influence business actions.
- Perform competitive analyses to drive strategic insights and actions.
- Develop and enhance and use Excel-based financial models to ensure timeliness and accuracy of deliverables.
- Remain open to learning and leveraging advanced technologies beyond Excel.
- Develop profitability analyses and projections for marketing and customer segments.
- Establish yourself as a trusted subject matter who is regularly consulted by business partners.
- Proactively identify and communicate potential risks and opportunities to profitability.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in financial services, consulting, investment banking, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Master's degree in finance, business, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in financial services, consulting, investment banking, or related field
- Experience with Snowflake, Python, R or SQL
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.