Investment Manager, Capital Deployment at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 994 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Investment Manager, Capital Deployment
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
The Investment Manager will provide essential support to the Capital Deployment team for acquisitions, redevelopment, and developments within the East Region. You will play a key role in supporting investment strategy, activity and growth in the marketplace for Prologis through partnering with the senior market Investment Officer. Your ability to conduct rigorous, detailed financial analysis, coupled with a curiosity about and willingness to challenge underlying investment assumptions will be critical for success on day one.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Work with local Investment Officer to partner with Market Officers and Leasing teams to drive deal flow by developing capital deployment opportunities (includes green-field land acquisition and development, value-add redevelopments, portfolio and single asset acquisitions of industrial buildings and support M&A and entity investments).
- Develop key longstanding relationships with third parties including brokers, architects, contractors, and engineers.
- Identify and present new investment opportunities to the East Region Head of Capital Deployment and Senior Leadership as well as Prologis Investment Committee.
- Identify, anticipate, communicate and capitalize on market trends to bring industry leading re-turns to Prologis.
- Preparing investment memos and other presentations for senior management and Investment Committee.
- Assess the value of potential investments or speculative development projects by creating discounted cash flow and proforma models.
- Other duties as assigned
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics or related field.
- Preferred Master’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- 3-5 years experience in the Real Estate industry with a focus in accounting or finance, preferred Industrial experience
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management, executives and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to source deals through individual initiative
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, interpret and create real estate documents including, but not limited to LOIs, RFPs, property offering memorandums, market reports and tenant leases.
- Strong knowledge of financial concepts such as net present values, internal rates of return, cap rates, etc.
- Create or modify cash flow models using Argus and Microsoft Excel.
- Other software knowledge to include Microsoft Word, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Google Earth, and Adobe Acrobat. PeopleSoft, Yardi, and Salesforce is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while still meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be a team player and work in an entrepreneurial environment.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k)-retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.#LI-NH1
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time
As a condition to the commencement of your employment, Prologis requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. In addition, we are now requiring all employees to get a vaccine booster when eligible. Prologis will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as to the vaccination requirement on the basis of a disability or sincerely-held religious belief in accordance with applicable law.