At Alt, we envision a world where anything is an investable asset. Using trading cards, we’re establishing a proof of concept to create financial products that traditional financial institutions don’t support or recognize as collateral.
To date, we’ve raised over $100 million from thought leaders at the intersection of culture, community, and capital. Some of our investors include Alexis Ohanian’s fund Seven Seven Six, the founders of Stripe, Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam, BlackRock co-founder Sue Wagner, the co-founders of AngelList, First Round Capital, and BoxGroup. We’re also backed by professional athletes including Tom Brady, Candace Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alex Morgan, Kevin Durant, and Marlon Humphrey.
Alt is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
- Set company goal-setting strategy and KPI creation, and work cross functionally to close feedback loop on performance
- Create and continuously refine revenue model by considering internal initiatives and external market dynamics
- Build and own the company model, forecast and budget and work cross-functionally to ensure goals and standards are met
- Deploy capital efficiently between tracer bullet projects internally, opportunistic partnerships, and treasury management
- Create best-in-class accounting and monthly close process, and spearhead annual audit
- Organize, improve, and maintain our finance architecture & SOPs (bill.com, Quickbooks, Brex, Expensify, Rippling, etc.)
- Set tax strategy and ensure tax compliance across business units
- Manage relationships with external auditors, accountants, insurance vendors and facilities managers
- 10+ years experience, with 4+ years direct experience building the Finance function at a hyper growth startup
- 5+ years successfully managing high-output direct reports
- Excellent core finance and accounting skills; MBA and/or CPA is a plus
- Excitement to tackle both the strategic and operational elements of finance, including setting the strategy while implementing best in class tech, systems and processes to enable the business to achieve its financial goals
- Expert organizational and analytical skills; ability to multi-task and successfully meet critical deadlines
- High integrity and honesty; you take responsibility and are accountable to both internal and external stakeholders
- A growth mindset and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- 401K, Work from Home and Wellness Stipends
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)