Head of Finance at Tulip (Somerville)
Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulip’s cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator. Tulip has also been named one of Energage’s Top Workplaces USA and one of Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work” and “Best Midsize Places to Work” for 2023.
- You are a hands-on, financially-oriented, data-driven, finance executive
- You’re a self-directed leader that is able to adapt quickly to changes in priorities and effectively manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- You are not afraid to ask the questions no else is asking and are able to single-mindedly find and analyze the supporting data and pursue the answers to these questions
- You’re meticulously organized, and able to prioritize your work as well as help your team prioritize theirs
- You have a strong business orientation with the ability to “go beyond the numbers” in helping organizations identify and maximize business opportunities for increasing revenue, improving productivity and strengthening operational excellence
- You have confidence and gravitas to engage, present, influence and challenge at executive level and build relationships at all levels
- You are able to clearly and concisely communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences and formats (written, verbal)
What skills do I need?
- 7+ years of progressive experience leading a high-performing Finance organization preferably in a fast-growth, venture-backed B2B SaaS organization
- Experience leading an accounting function and an FP&A function
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance. CPA a plus
- Hands on experience with NetSuite or equivalent ERP
- Exemplary interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to land complex concepts across multiple audiences
- Proven track record managing, developing, and leading remote/distributed teams across different time zones
- Reporting to the CFO, the Head of Finance will be responsible for the planning, direction, and coordination of all accounting and FP&A operations
- Lead full-cycle development and management of the annual budget to support Tulip’s operational needs
- Oversee the accounting function and the end-to-end monthly and year-end close, reporting, and external audit procedures
- Oversee the FP&A function and drive the annual budget, monthly forecast, various expense analytics and other internal reporting activities
- Lead structured planning and forecasting exercises, including monthly and long-range forecasting
- Help to coordinate annual financial statement audits with external auditors, both domestic and international
- Help drive the identification of inefficiencies and opportunities for process improvement, optimize the ERP and other accounting systems and tools, and help lead the implementation of best practices for all the accounting processes to scale the team
- Lead, retain, and develop a high performing finance team and support their growth and professional development
Working At Tulip
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you don’t match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
We’re building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401(K)
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.