Global AP Specialist at Chainalysis (New York City, NY)
The Accounting team at Chainalysis splits their time between fine-tuning the details and evaluating the 30,000 foot view of our business. Our job is to help the company plan for growth by investing in the right resources and audit our expenditures and revenues to ensure we’re being fiscally responsible.
The Global AP Specialist is responsible for managing the accounts payable function such as processing daily vendor bills, coding to the correct GL accounts, maintaining vendor relationships, handling all company employee expenses while providing ideas to improve our current procedures and workflow to increase the efficiency of our teams. We measure success by the success
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- Own the day to day AP function entirely by processing and coding bills across all global entities, setting up new vendor accounts and routing bills to appropriate approvers
- Responding to inquiries related to AP both externally and internally
- Manage the employee expense reimbursement application (TripActions Liquid), including setting up accounts for new employees, coding and categorizing charges, reviewing expenses for compliance with company policy, and providing training to employees
- Perform Expense related audits and reconciliations and research and resolve all reimbursement issues and card inquiries
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required
- Provide support during month end close
- Analyze current procedures and recommend changes to develop and implement best practice accounting procedures
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative Ad-hoc tasks as may be required
A background like this helps:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, preferred
- 3-4 years of Accounts Payable experience in a global scale
- Strong knowledge of NetSuite and Coupa
- Strong understanding VAT and GST
- Proficient in Excel and Google Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively and regularly with Chainalysis teammates and external vendors and customers
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Prior working in SaaS startup environment
- Able to handle and process high volume transactions especially during month end deadline
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.