Slickdeals offers its freelancers competitive rates for articles, open communication with editors and the freedom to work creatively.
Slickdeals connects 11 million monthly users with the best products at the best prices. We strive to help shoppers win everywhere, including by providing them with helpful and entertaining articles to help inform their decisions.
Our Freelance Editors are responsible for fact checking, copy editing and formatting finance articles for publication. Articles can range from 300-3,000+ words, covering finance topics such as banking, credit cards and taxes. Additionally, Freelance Editors may be tasked with minor article updates or fact checking live articles.
The ideal candidate should have impeccable editing skills (an eye for spotting inaccurate details is a must) as well as a working knowledge of finance products. This person should feel comfortable suggesting nuanced tonal or formal adjustments that help each piece reach its full potential.
- Familiarity with personal finance topics such as credit card bonuses, retail banking and personal loans.
- Strong fact-checking skills - this role often requires you to cross reference multiple sources in order to discern accuracy of facts.
- Excellent grammar and impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with full-time editors to ensure potential factual errors are clearly communicated and addressed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including an expert level knowledge of English language, spelling and punctuation
- Familiarity with the AP style guide (we have an in-house guide, but it borrows heavily from AP)
- Knowledge of proofing marks and procedures
- Experience maintaining consistent style guide procedures across multiple pieces of content
- Ability to handle multiple projects with close attention to priority and tight deadlines, including next-day and same-day turnarounds
- Proficiency in Wordpress or similar CMS (familiarity with Gutenberg is a plus!)
- 1-5 years of experience performing proofreading in a professional capacity
Remote work is available in Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, Nevada, New York (minus NYC), Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
- Competitive salary based on your experience
- Equity, become a Slickdeals stakeholder
- Platinum level medical benefits
- Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- 401K matching above the industry standard
- 10 vacation days, 10 paid holidays, & 48 hours of sick leave
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program, and LinkedIn Learning Membership
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Slickdeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Slickdeals will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the "Ban the Box" legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application.
Slickdeals participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to E-Verify Participation and Right to Work.
Slickdeals does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.