FP&A Manager at Tulip (Somerville)
Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulip’s cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator. Tulip has also been named one of Energage’s Top Workplaces USA and one of Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work” and “Best Midsize Places to Work” for 2023.
- You are a hands-on, financially-oriented, and data-driven individual
- You are not afraid to ask the questions no else is asking and are able to single-mindedly find and analyze the supporting data and pursue the answers to these questions
- You’re meticulously organized, and able to prioritize your work as well as help your team prioritize theirs
- Have a broad business view, high degree of curiosity, and ability to view the business and solve problems with an executive mindset
- Exceptional analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills
- High level of ownership of assigned tasks and independent initiative, where appropriate, to achieve exceptional results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to interact with various management levels
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics, MBA a plus
- 3-5 years' strong financial operations and/or financial planning and analysis experience
- Strong oral, written communication skills. Have a proven track record of professional success; industry experience in finance, strategy, operations, or consulting in the technology/SaaS industry preferred.
- Have strong business consulting, strategic, analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Complete mastery of Excel. Experience with SQL, Looker or other big data / BI tools, NetSuite, and/or Adaptive Insights is a plus.
- Prepare and support management and board of directors reporting
- Lead coordination and preparation of monthly forecasts, annual operating plans, and long-range plans for the enterprise
- Work with key stakeholders and finance team members to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the financial planning process, assumptions, and results
- Support the on-going maintenance of the company’s 4 quarter rolling forecast
- Lead the Company’s commission payment process
- Provide accurate and timely financial analysis, communication, ongoing monitoring and evaluation for programs and teams to aid in decision-making for improved financial performance
- Manage the development of and monitoring of financial targets and metrics
- Independently completes aspects of the short- and long-term planning and forecasting process
- Actively collaborate with business partners to assess need and proactively leverage subject matter expertise to identify and share short- and long-term opportunities for improved financial performance and strategic decision making
- Engage in ad-hoc analysis, including special projects at the request of management
- Build dashboards for Tulip’s teams. Empower our team with data, help monitor performance, uphold accountability, and communicate business trends to key stakeholders.
- Sales, Marketing, Product, and Leadership
Working At Tulip
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you don’t match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
We’re building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401(K)
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.