At Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap, offering transformative online education in data science, UI/UX design, machine learning, and coding. Our courses may be tech-enabled, but we're ultimately human-centric: each student taps into a vast community throughout their time with us, engaging with fellow students, industry-expert mentors, student advisors, and career coaches, the goal of which is to successfully transition students into their dream job. Through this hybrid approach, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives, with hundreds of top-notch job offers received every year and a near-perfect placement rate for our program graduates.
Springboard is building its finance team and is looking for a hands-on, results-driven FP&A Manager who will be responsible for partnering across the business on growth, planning, and strategy work. The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager role will report to the Director of FP&A and work cross-functionally with leadership teams. The role will ensure we develop a proactive approach in driving financial decisions and visibility.
As an FP&A Manager, you will build processes, models, and reporting that guides decisions for the various functional and business teams. As a critical member of the Finance team, you will be a trusted advisor, providing financial analysis to support strategy and decision-making across the company.
- Partner with the business to continuously improve the financial performance management cycle (planning, forecasting, reporting)
- Be a thought leader and partner that helps the business shape strategy, set goals, measure attainment, and course correct.
- Build ad-hoc financial models to deliver insights that inform key decisions impacting growth, staffing, investment, and profitability (e.g., unit economics)
- Partner with the Accounting team to improve the quality and efficiency of the close process
- Strive to improve the FP&A processes through automation and optimization
- ~5 years of FP&A experience, preferably at a VC-backed growth-stage company or a fast-growth tech-oriented public company
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business partners
- Effective communicator at a detailed technical level, with the ability to elevate for dialogue with executives
- Expert Excel and financial modeling skills
- Experience with NetSuite and planning software (e.g., Adaptive, Planful)
Bonus points if you have… (optional)
- Proficiency in SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Implemented and administered a financial planning tool (e.g., Adaptive, Planful)
The Springboard team of 220 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage, a 401k plan, generous learning and professional development budgets, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Springboard is required to inform California residents who are job applicants about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. This notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
Read Full Job Description