Financial Operations (FinOps) Engineer (Remote) at Club Automation
Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.Job Description
Daxko is looking for a Financial Operations (FinOps) Engineer passionate about technology with a strong financial midset that will help us power health and wellness throughout the world.
As a FinOps Engineer you will bring your in-depth knowledge of cloud & SaaS spend analysis, as well as an understanding of cost optimization opportunities to a new Financial Operations function be established at Daxko.
The FinOps Engineer reports to the Vice President of Enterprise Architecture.
- Analyze, optimize, and implement cost optimization actions over different hosting providers
- Manage monthly company-wide SaaS software invoicing, including tracking against budget
- Implement and manage automated tools to help identify cost trends and anomalies
- Identify and recommend opportunities to optimize, reduce cost and realize savings
- Work with our technical teams to design and implement new services in the most cost-efficient way
- Work with the financial team on budget, forecast, and expenses reports
- Work closely with our finance and legal departments to negotiate cost terms and contracts with our vendors
- Creating governance on spend daily
- Create and maintain monthly and quarterly reports
- Support annual budget and forecast process for enterprise-wide cloud spend, including planning for commitment-based AWS savings and discount programs
- Knowledge of Cloud hosting technologies (AWS and on Prem)
- Strong principles of financial analysis
- Proven analytical skills and experience with cost optimization
- Deep understanding of cloud costs and the various alternatives
- Cost- savings and cost optimization mindset
- Strong interest in technology and learning about a wide range of software providers
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience as a FinOps Engineer or equivalent
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience managing cross-team budgets
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in technology vendor management
Bonus Points for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or other related field
- 4+ years of experience in the finance or technology industry with project or program management, and are well versed in the vendor management lifecycle
- Knowledge of containerization, auto-scaling systems, databases, and other SAAS tools and understanding the principal cost factors.
- DevOps experience and scripting skills (e.g., Python, Bash, PowerShell)
- Good understanding of AWS services & billing mechanism
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
🏝 Flexible paid time off
⚕️ Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
💪 Monthly fitness reimbursement
🤑 401(k) matching
🍼 New-Parent Paid Leave
🏖 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
👖 Casual work environments
🏡 Remote work
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.