Financial Analyst II or III at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA)
| Atlanta, GA
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:49 p.m. (CST) on Monday, May 22, 2023
Financial Analyst II or IIIDescriptionJob Summary:This role develops financial budgets and forecasts that align with Southern Company Gas' strategic objectives and providing accurate actionable analysis and reporting to help with maximizing profitability. Additionally, this role will support philanthropic activities through analysis and reporting of all charitable expenditures for Southern Company Gas Foundation and Southern Company Gas.This position may be filled as Financial Analyst II or III. Individuals who demonstrate advanced skills in terms of work experience, education, and certifications may be eligible for the more advanced position.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Supports business areas in plan creation (budgets, forecasts and strategic)
- Provides business area value added analysis and reporting (monthly variance reporting, trending, projections, presentations and ad-hoc analysis) to support business decision makers.
- Works with business area leaders to achieve desired results.
- Monitors results versus plan and works with business leaders to achieve desired results
- Supports business area needs (non-budget/finance) and analyzes financial and non-financial data to help drive business decisions
- Articulates results, variances and key drivers effectively
- Demonstrates knowledge of the business and industry in analyses and updates scenario models
- Develops recommendations and alternatives to meet objectives
- Collaborates with business area to understand trends and initiatives (current and future)
- Builds effective relationships with business area(s) supported
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the business area supported
- Influences business decisions by sharing analyses and expertise.
- Identifies process and/or profit improvements
- Provides reports from Oracle and other systems to track and report charitable contributions. Supports questions on these transactions and other ad-hoc requests.
- Supports VP Corporate Responsibility on philanthropic financial analysis for Southern Company Gas.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- Energy company experience.
- Up to 2 years experience in financial planning, financial analysis, regulatory planning, and/or accounting or related fields
- 2-4 years experience in financial planning, financial analysis, regulatory planning, and/or accounting or related fields
- Ability to work independently while keeping management informed as appropriate
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude and energy
- Ability to handle multiple projects with changing priorities
- Maintain positive relationships with teammates and many different stakeholders
- Ability to communicate in a range of situations and people, i.e., from a high level in simple terms down to a detailed level with complex topics and information
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of Oracle and its budgeting and reporting systems or similar systems
- MS Excel - intermediate to advanced proficiency
- MS Office Suite - intermediate proficiency
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Currently, hybrid work environment, working onsite/in the office 2 - 3 days per week.
Read Full Job Description