We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.Job Description
About the Role
The operations department is seeking a Finance & Accounting Associate to assist the finance department on the daily billing process. In this role you will assist in the daily QA of all invoice pricing. You will become a subject matter expert for contracts and pricing agreements and be responsible for determining what is billable based on contracts and pricing agreements and updating/adjusting invoices accordingly. The position requires working with and providing excellent support to internal customers, such as the sales, services, and accounting teams. To excel at this role, you will need analytical skills, critical communication skills, and the ability to analyze and bring forth suggestions to improve processes. If you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, come join us!
About the Day-to-Day Responsibilities of the Role
- Review contracts and understand the contractual language to ensure we are following proper criteria for each client.
- Review services to understand completion status and invoice/adjust revenue appropriately, including reviewing services to determine if billable.
- Manage & update the Price books for all transactional customers.
- Resolve any questions about product / billing rates from different teams.
- Assist in any additional projects that might arise.
- Ensure client invoices are being sent in accordance with the contract or based on instructions from the clients.
- Assist in running monthly invoice and revenue reports.
- Understand the reports and answer questions that will come up about service profitability, billing rates, contractual office, and other service economics.
- Research and initiate diligence around system improvements
About You and How You Can Excel in This Role
- 1-3 years related work experience in Accounting/Finance
- Working knowledge of contracts and pricing agreements
- Strong MS Office (Outlook, Teams) and Excel skills (formulas, pivots tables, Vlookups, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability with drive for results
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Excellent customer service skills and willingness to be a team player
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple requests simultaneously, while prioritizing tasks and delivering timely solutions to both internal and external clients
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.