SimplyInsured is on a mission to eliminate the fear from purchasing and navigating health insurance in the United States. We specifically work with small business owners who have the enormous task of purchasing the right type of insurance for their employees and their families. With more than 20,000 customers and several major partnerships including Intuit and Square, we're growing quickly and disrupting this convoluted and confusing industry by making it more transparent and fully accessible to everyone.
Our leadership team’s broad experience includes founding companies; scaling successful startups like Cardpool and Domo; working in established companies like Cisco Systems, Convergys, Dell EMC, and Yahoo; consulting at Bain, McKinsey and Deloitte; and venture capital investing. We got our start in the Y-Combinator incubator, and have been funded by top tier investors at Polaris Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and AltaIR Capital.
We value radical transparency, feedback, bias to action, growth, and an obligation to dissent. Every opinion is respected, we hold each other to extremely high standards, we're driven by the diversity in our backgrounds, and unified by 100% alignment on our mission.ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will lead the Revenue Operations team which is responsible for shepherding small business applications for health, dental, and vision insurance through the approval process with our insurance carrier partners. This role reports directly to SimplyInsured’s COO. As the leader of the Revenue Operations team, you will be responsible for growing the company’s revenue from new business by increasing the number of small business groups and employees purchasing insurance through SimplyInsured.
As Director, Revenue Operations, you will manage the members of the New Business and Broker of Record teams. Your teams receive completed customer applications from our partner lead flow and Sales team, review the applications, verify accuracy and completeness, gather customer documentation, and submit customer applications to insurance carriers for approval. This requires working directly with both small business customers and insurance carriers on a daily basis.
You will have primary responsibility for the core metrics of the team - the conversion rate of submitted applications and the volume throughput of the submissions processes. To be successful in this role, you must have a process-orientation, an acumen for optimization, a sales & conversion mindset, good people management skills.
As the team leader, you will be expected to identify opportunities to improve our processes and tools and identify product enhancements to increase conversion. You'll have unique insight and access into the entire process and you'll be empowered through data analytics to propose process improvements or product enhancements to improve the customer enrollment experience.WHO WOULD BE A GOOD FIT?
- Undergraduate degree in any relevant field (STEM, business, economics)
- 5+ years of experience in operations, customer support, or sales operations roles
- Experience directly managing a team of 20+
- Problem solving skills to navigate complicated issues
- High attention to detail and orientation toward building repeatable processes
- Strong analytical skills and experience managing operational metrics
- Expertise working cross-functionally with Sales, Product, Finance teams
- Familiarity with CRM and/or process automation software implementation
- Experience in a regulated industry (e.g. finance, insurance, real estate) is a plus
- Passion for helping people - especially when it comes to their health
- Generous stock option packages
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance coverage
- A values-based culture that invests in employee success