Join VillageMD as a Director Revenue Cycle
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Director Revenue Cycle to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
Integral to our organization, the Director, Revenue Cycle will provide leadership to a team that works to achieve transformative levels of financial and operational performance through improving revenue collection systems and evaluating operational processes to determine and develop best practices for the organization. Reporting directly to our Senior Director of Revenue Cycle. this person has deep domain expertise in professional revenue cycle, but also embodies the role of a people leader providing strategic oversight to the billing, credentialing, and funds flow teams and cultivating strong cross-functional relationships.
How you can make a difference
- Directing all revenue cycle functions including billing and follow-up, insurance verification, and related activities in a manner that minimizes days in accounts receivable while maximizing revenue realization
- Fostering a collaborative and highly accountable culture that results in high levels of internal and external customer satisfaction, billing accuracy and cash collections for physician billing
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory and contracting requirements and maximization of revenue realization for services provided
- Collaborating with corporate accounting for oversight of funds flow back to practices for smooth and expedient auto-posting
- Playing an integral role in the development and implementation of the organization’s technology plan, including significant contribution to patient accounting and EMR upgrade conversations
- Developing, implementing and reporting on measures of success and efficiency for departmental critical processes and workflows
- Integration of new client locations into revenue cycle model
Skills for success
- You have a strong work ethic that lends to building successful partnerships with diverse stakeholder groups
- You are skilled at influencing others to achieve results and can pivot between a leadership and support role depending on situation and need
- You are accomplished at distilling complex, technical information to stakeholders at an operational level to effect change
- Experience performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- You are solution-oriented and have a passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution
- Extensive knowledge of third-party and insurance company operation procedures, regulations and billing requirements, and government reimbursement programs
- Thorough understanding of medical information systems for billing and accounts receivable, spreadsheet analysis, reporting applications, medical terminology, and coding and office procedures
- Ability to proactively analyze and resolve potential bottlenecks that may negatively affect the organization’s reimbursement and accounts receivable
- Extensive expertise in all aspects of registration, billing, and accounts receivable with deep experience in file structure/table space development, management and troubleshooting
- You have extensive experience working with Athena and have broad exposure to other EMRs
- You are skilled at garnering the trust of physicians and partnering with them in education and coaching around best practices
- Thorough, yet broad-based knowledge of physician revenue cycle operations, physician electronic medical record workflow, and payer regulations
- Proven ability to identify, leverage, and rapidly rollout initiatives with the ability to lead through technical, political, and cultural barriers to change
- You are an experienced people leader, operate with a collaborative mindset, and have a strong interest in mentoring talent and supporting the performance of others
- You have a keen focus on results, and can navigate within ambiguity while maintaining a high-level of humility
Experience to drive change
- Highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, patients and visitors
- 10 years of experience in revenue cycle operations with at least 5 years of experience in a relevant leadership role required.
- 5 years of experience managing patient registration, time of service collections and charge entry function in a multi-specialty setting is required.
- Experience managing or directing revenue cycle operations through a system conversion is highly preferred
- High level of proficiency in creating executive-facing deliverables in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.