BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage revolutionized the storage market with its all-flash arrays and cloud business models. As we continue to evolve our business models we are looking for a standout professional who wants to shape the pricing strategy for Pure Storage’s FlashArray Business Unit.
The right person for this job has big ideas and is passionate about reimagining the way businesses buy and consume storage. You will need to understand cloud-based pricing and consumption models as well as have a view on what services best compliment core storage. You must be comfortable working in an “outside-in” model, interacting closely with customers, partners and sellers and then drive a tight feedback loop to build the pricing frameworks that will enable Pure to continue to grow rapidly.
The Director, Pricing and Strategy for the FlashArray business unit will partner very closely with the business unit leadership, deals desk, finance and sales teams globally to design durable, long term monetization strategies. As a pricing strategist you will build monetization strategies that enhance Pure’s technological and business model advantages.
- Own pricing for all products in the FlashArray business unit.
- Develop and communicate a clear pricing and promotions strategy
- Track market trends and competitor pricing and identify strategic pricing modifications for FlashArray
- Monitor impact of pricing and discount practices on win-loss rates and identify areas requiring pricing and discounting adjustments
- Identify new cross-portfolio packaging and bundling opportunities to simplify sales motion and improve cross sell and up sell
- Develop a way to track effectiveness of promotions and track promotional analysis over time to understand trends
- Collaborate with Sales to design, plan, and implement promotional campaigns
- Work closely with product marketing to ensure pricing is positioned correctly
- Drive required content for senior executive pricing reviews and approvals
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 8+ years experience in pricing and packaging or related quantitative field
- Good understanding of business and the ability to think analytically
- Bachelor's degree minimum. MBA preferred.
- Intellectual curiosity, a winning mindset and a strong sense of ownership
- Creative problem solver with the ability to use large sets of data to build comprehensive analytics model
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
- Ability to see big picture without underestimating execution challenges
- C-suite relationship engagement and management
- Creative with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.