Built In is on a mission to unite technology professionals with their purpose. We do that through the power of content. Today, over one million registered users and 4.5 million technology professionals use our platform every year to learn about innovative companies, new technologies and further their careers.
The caliber of audience we’ve cultivated means that over 1800 companies--from the hottest tech startups to Fortune 500 companies undergoing digital transformation-- trust us to share their employer brand story and fill the technology roles that drive their strategy.
Because we can help employers find hard to recruit talent, our B2B side is thriving. In addition our users are finding great jobs and advancing their careers and knowledge of the tech world with Built In. That means we are rapidly growing our product and technology footprint as we are committed to building the leading SaaS product for employer branding and talent activation.
With venture funding of $30M to date with a $22M Series C raise in 2019, we are poised to disrupt recruiting for hard-to-fill roles and help technologists find their dream jobs--in their city, around the country or completely remote. If you are looking for an award-winning culture, have a desire to help people find their calling and want to be part of building best-in-class technology, Built In might fulfill your purpose.We’re looking for a Director, FP&A
Built In is looking for a highly motivated finance professional to join our finance team and play a key role in our continued growth and achievement of operational excellence. The Director of Corporate FP&A will be a hands-on yet strategic leader who will manage Built Ins financial planning and reporting processes and lead a team of FP&A professionals.How You'll Contribute
- Drive the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes, including management reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning
- Develop dashboards to track key performance measurements and monitor business performance. Provide management with insights into drivers of revenue and expenses, as well as risks and opportunities
- Partner with executive leadership and Investor Relations to prepare Board materials, presentations, and quarterly guidance
- Structure, build, and maintain complex financial and decision-making models to develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations
- Work closely with the Finance leadership team to build the financial infrastructure to support the company’s current and future business requirements. Use systems solutions to streamline reporting and automate internal processes
- Build and mentor a high performing team that produces rich insights, plans, and forecasts with a high degree of transparency and accuracy
- Lead strategic projects and support senior leadership on ad hoc research and analysis
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or related field [MBA preferred]
- 10+ years of directly applicable experience with time spent in FP&A within a top technology and/or financial services company handling full P&L
- 4+ years of management experience
- Extensive experience leading and developing the Corporate FP&A function in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- Team player and experience leading a small team
- Superb analytical/quantitative and communication skills and strong executive presence
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates thought leadership and manages relationships with senior partners
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Be Inclusive, Always.
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply to roles only when they check every point on a job description. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Built In is guided by principles of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We are committed to this work over the long-term, but here’s some of what’s in place today:
- We have five thriving ERG groups: Built In For The People, BuiltOut, United We Parent, Womxn United in Tech and Built In Tribe.
- We have a dedicated Director, HR + Inclusion who oversees our DEI roadmap, which provides our annual metrics, goals and initiatives.
- We are proud to be led by a woman CEO and founder, and that more than half of our managers and employees identify as women
NOTE: BUILT IN NEVER CONTACTS JOB APPLICANTS VIA TEXT, MESSENGER OR OTHER SIMILAR APPLICATIONS. BE AWARE OF PHISHING AND SPOOFING SCAMS, BOTH VIA TEXT AND EMAIL. ONLY RESPOND TO EMAILS FROM BUILTIN.COM