We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry in supporting the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology by providing a platform of robust technology, tools, and data for game developers.
We are currently looking for a Director of FP&A to provide strategic and financial analysis across the organization with strong analytical skills. The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will be a versatile and high-performing partner to cross-functional team leaders. You will drive the company-wide budgeting and forecasting process and monthly financial review and become the expert and go-to resource for providing financial insights and how business decisions impact overall financial targets and cash flow. You will also partner with product teams to drive healthy unit economics and contribution margin.
You will bring best practices and thoughtful approaches to modeling the business, developing and tracking key consumer metrics, and advising company strategies. You will evaluate performance against company initiatives, interpret results for leadership, and partner with the business to make thoughtful data-driven decisions. This highly visible role leads a team working cross-functionally to advise the business, prepare insightful, timely, and accurate reporting, and drive ad hoc special projects as needed.
This position will report directly to our Vice President of Finance.
- Play a lead role in creating the Company’s annual operating plan and rolling forecasts, managing budgeting tools, reporting and communication
- Deliver the long-range financial forecasting and business modeling, and ad-hoc projects in partnership with the senior leadership team.
- Provide leadership team with transparent reporting of financial and business results, highlighting wins, significant assumptions, as well as risks and opportunities
- Partner with the senior leadership team and cross-functional leads to identify financial drivers and apply financial insights to help drive business outcomes
- Partner with the Corporate Strategy team to provide data-driven, strategic business recommendations that directly impact revenue and profit growth
- Partner with department leaders to establish metrics, objectives, and financial goals
- Partner with the accounting team to maintain the quality of financial reports and develop cash forecasts
- Drive FP&A planning cadences, reporting requirements, and corporate-level reporting, forecasting, and consolidations
- Build and leverage financial planning systems for budgeting and forecasting
- Build sophisticated in-depth financial models from scratch to enable business planning and decision-making
- Partner with Data Analytics to streamline Executive and cross-functional financial dashboards and ensure that a high level of data integrity is maintained across all areas of the Company
- Manage and develop a strong financial analysis team that is an effective business partner to functional areas of the business.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, accounting, or another business-related field
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in prior analytical roles (investment banking, consulting, corporate finance, strategic planning, etc.)
- CPA, MBA, or strong understanding of accounting
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and executive presence
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate with peers, subordinates, and executive management.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience developing financial metrics, operating cadence, and key FP&A activities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a highly motivated team
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.