Director, Finance (HYBRID) at MedStar Health (Baltimore, MD)
| Baltimore, MD
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:32 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, April 16, 2022
- Job Summary
- The director manages the consolidation, financial analysis, statistical data, financial disclosures and internal controls for MedStar Health's Corporate Companies. This position will ensure complete, accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and fiscal year financial reporting to various internal management personnel both inside and outside of the corporate finance department as well as external stakeholders as required. This position is responsible for the preparation of financial analyses for executive management and summary presentations to key stakeholders. In addition, this person is expected to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the financial statement close process and lead efforts to identify cost savings initiatives for the assigned corporate departments. The Director will manage the corporate companies' capital expenditures including evaluation and monitoring of all major capital projects and assist in the strategic direction of all corporate departments with a high focus on Information Technology. This role will work closely with the AVP-Financial Services, AVP-Budget, Forecast & Capital Management and Director of Corporate Financial Services on a routine basis.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- 5 years related management experience in a public or private accounting environment. Experience in the information technology field strongly preferred. Healthcare experience a plus but not required.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certification.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and people management skills. Ability to develop strategic and operating plans. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Moderate to advanced computer skills preferred. Prior experience managing staff highly preferred.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the allocation of capital funds and reviews department requests for capital projects.
- Develops and contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Ensures compliance with hospital/facility policies and procedures and governmental/accreditation regulations.
- Develops short /long-term financial budgets and make recommendations on strategic planning issues.
- Manages corporate companies' headcount budget and approves ongoing job requisitions in accordance with company policies.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as assigned.
- Participates in various meetings and on committees as a representative of the department and MedStar Health in community outreach efforts as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepares annual operating budgets for information technology and other corporate support services departments. Ensures that all corporate departments operate within budget parameters.
- Prepares corporate depreciation and expense allocation reports to be used by all MedStar Health entities in conjunction with the corporate companies' monthly close, annual budget, annual long-range forecast and other periodic allocation requests.
- Prepares monthly operating financial reviews and detailed variance analysis for corporate department financial managers and key leadership members.
- Recommends changes in administrative policies to carry out objectives more effectively.
- Reviews and prepares financial analysis of all corporate contracts and leases and recommends modifications, enhancements or implementation approaches.
- Reviews/analyzes expenses and develops recommendations to reduce costs or to implement effective cost controls where needed.
- Selects, trains, orients, and assigns department staff. Develops standards of performance, evaluates performance, and conducts performance management planning. Approves or recommends all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, demotions and terminations. Maintains ongoing communication with subordinates to review programs, provide feedback, discuss new developments, and exchange information.
- Works with IT project managers to facilitate a proper approach for evaluating and capitalizing internal staff costs associated with software implementation in accordance with technical accounting guidance.
- Works with Project Managers to understand progress, expected completion and other financial factors on major IT projects and other corporate initiatives.
More Information on MedStar Health
MedStar Health operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Columbia, MD. MedStar Health was founded in 1999. It has 10001 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all 64 open jobs at MedStar Health, click here.
Read Full Job Description