Defect Test Coordinator at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The NextGen Banking Implementations supports the LFI market in the adoption and deployment of next generation Core Banking and Channel Experiences through the implementation of FIS's Modern Banking Platform and Digital One Components. Their vision is to deliver a repeatable, scalable Next Generation Banking Implementations capability, through innovation and a continuous improvement mindset, resulting in efficient and predictable transformations with high quality, value-driven experiences for customers across the world
This team is comprised of Test Managers, Test Leads, Testers and Defect Coordinators who are responsible for validating our Digital One system across multiple client implementation projects. The projects are fast moving, highly complex and will provide a challenge for all levels of resources. This role can sit remotely from anywhere in the US
What you will be doing
In this role, you will be responsible for end to end defect management using the defect management tool JIRA. The Defect Coordinator is the point of contact for all defect status related queries. As a Defect Coordinator you will be required to learn and support all aspects of the Defect Process and offer guidance to the software development and operational teams as and when required.
- You will own and chair defect calls with project workstreams and with the client as well as maintain integrity of the defect database.
- You will create reports and present metrics to the project team, and senior management.
- Additionally, you will work with the client to facilitate defect tracking between the two organizations.
- This will include creating processes, and reconciliation between the client's defect tracking tool and FIS.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of prior Defect Tracking experience with understanding of Testing process
- Solid working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle with a broad technical understanding of software development and QA
- Excellent communication skills and be comfort working with leadership teams, software engineers, project managers, external vendors, and clients
- Strong experience working with error management processes and tools such as JIRA
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills.
- Basic statistics skills
Added bonus if you have:
- Digital One or TouchPoint experience
- Banking background or financial software industry experience in a client facing environment is helpful
- Proficient in MS Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Teams, SharePoint Office and JIRA
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect with varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- A fantastic range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover and travel insurance
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.