Controller at WorkRamp (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:23 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, May 24, 2022
WorkRamp is the leading enterprise platform for corporate learning. We’re out to revolutionize the way people onboard, train, and get certified across the business. Top companies like Zoom, Box, and Reddit trust WorkRamp to deliver amazing learning experiences for their customers, partners, and employees.
🙌 Why WorkRamp?
- Recently raised a $40M Series C led by Salesforce Ventures, Slack Fund, and Susa Ventures
- #1 Top-Rated LMS by The Motley Fool
- JMP Securities Hot 100 Startups: The best privately held software companies 2022
- #1 on Inc's 2021 Best Workplaces List for Startups
- Fortune's Best Places to Work in the Bay Area 2021
- Top 100 fastest-growing SaaS companies of 2020 by SaaS Mag
🚀 What’s the opportunity?
We are looking to bring on someone to build and lead our Accounting function. The Controller will be responsible for building, scaling and continuously improving our accounting and financial processes, systems and reporting. The role will require a mix of high-level strategic thinking, in-depth processes development and on-the-ground execution. The leader will be responsible for building out and mentoring a high performing team. They should also be comfortable partnering cross functionally with sales, customer success, marketing, HR and IT. You will report to the Senior Director of Finance and Business Operations.
🔧 What will I be doing?
- Oversee all aspects of financial accounting at the Company, including financial procedures, controls, financial period close, and financial statement preparation and analysis
- Oversee the accounting systems and infrastructure to scale with business growth and drive controls, efficiency, and accuracy of all financial reporting processes
- Initiate and manage WorkRamp’s relationship with external auditors and consultants
- Oversee tax and regulatory compliance
- Provide structure and discipline around internal controls
- Monitor and analyze department work to continuously improve procedures and use of resources
💡 What skills do I need?
- Strong Accounting Knowledge - Big-4 experience, CPA and SaaS accounting experience. Strong knowledge of SaaS sales tax also preferred.
- Reporting & Insights - Responsible for accuracy and efficient creation of financial statements. Will own the close process and work to continuously improve efficiency.
- Audit and Operational Execution - Develop strong financial operating processes. Has managed previous audit processes. Will own future audit processes at WorkRamp. Will strive to automate processes as we scale.
- Team Building - Hire, manage, coach, and mentor a high-performing accounting and finance operations team.
- Business Systems - Own accounting and finance business systems (Quickbooks, Bill.com, Xero, Expensify, Divvy, etc.), ensuring accurate reporting and efficient workflows. Experience going through an ERP implementation is preferred.
- Strategic Planning - Partner with finance leader and functional leaders to drive strategic planning and decision making.
- 8+ years of accounting experience preferable across public accounting firms and SaaS companies
- Experience managing and building teams
- Data analysis and modeling skills in excel
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong business partnership skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- High level of autonomy, bias towards action, and empathy
- Fully Remote - Work from anywhere in the US
- Unlimited PTO
- Equity with annual refreshes
- Full healthcare coverage
- Stipend for remote work setup
- Annual stipend for professional development
- Half Day Fridays every other week
- Quarterly Self Care Day & more
This role can be based anywhere in the US
At this time, WorkRamp does not sponsor work visas
More Information on WorkRamp
WorkRamp operates in the Edtech industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. WorkRamp was founded in 2015. It has 105 total employees. To see all 13 open jobs at WorkRamp, click here.
Read Full Job Description