Capital Rotational Associate at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We are looking for early career professionals to join Affirm’s Capital Rotational Program. The program consists of three to four 6-month rotations across various departments within Affirms’ Capital Organization that offer a breadth of experience and exposure in the early years of your career.
The Capital Organization is composed of three main verticals - Treasury, Capital Markets, Quantitative Markets. The primary rotational opportunities are available under the following functions within the Capital Organization:
- Global Treasury Operations
- Treasury Risk Management and Funding
- US Capital Markets
- International Capital Markets
- Strategy and Integration
Within this program, you will gain invaluable technical and soft skills, work with business and technical teams across the company, and contribute to the overall success of our organization. We seek forward-thinking, energetic individuals who are willing to learn, able to embrace change, and passionate about making a difference on the team. The goal of this program is to promote career development and growth through exposure to the various Capital functions. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to discuss the selection of a full-time role on a team as early as following the third rotation or can opt to complete a fourth rotation.
While rotations differ from one to another, each rotation allows Associates to build financial competence and leadership skills through a variety of opportunities. As Associates progress into subsequent rotations, they will strengthen their skills and knowledge while continuing to acquire new and more complex proficiencies. Upon completion of the rotations, the analyst will have accelerated their professional growth and developed a very strong network across the team and company!
What you'll do
Illustrative opportunities below; dependent upon rotation and candidate skills
- Evaluate hedging strategies using derivatives to reduce our exposure to interest rate and FX rate volatility
- Forecast asset/liability performance and create strategic funding plans to meet budget PnL targets
- Facilitate funding and reporting for capital markets deals including securitizations, warehouses, and loan sales
- Complete structured finance transactions as part of a deal team with bankers, investors, and rating agencies
- Use Python and Excel macros to automate reporting responsibilities
- Integrate a newly acquired company into the Affirm ecosystem
- Work closely with Engineering and Product to continue building out our funding solutions and capital platform
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or business, or a quantitative subject area
- 1-3 years of experience in banking, finance, consulting, or operations
- Strong proficiency with Excel / Google Sheets. Experience with SQL or Python is a plus, but not required
- Effective communication and formal presentation skills
- Proven ability, experience, and overall understanding of fundamental acumen including data modeling, data analytics, FP&A, forecasting, interpreting financial statements, and reporting
- Capable of working with high degree of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment!
Location - Proximal to New YorkEmployees in proximal-to-office roles have the option of working from an Affirm office in the U.S. or remotely, if they are able to return occasionally to the office with one business day’s notice and potentially for consecutive days, in order to fulfill certain job duties and responsibilities. For required in-office presence, Affirm pays expenses for travel to and from the office of up to 90 miles one-way. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, and San Francisco will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.