Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the role:
As a Capital Markets Associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the capital structure of a high growth company, creating new, innovative solutions to the financing of residential real estate. Capital Markets is a core function at Opendoor, responsible for securing the capital necessary to acquire homes and fuel the company’s growth. As a Capital Markets Associate, you will work on projects such as the negotiation and structuring of new asset lending facilities, the raising of equity, debt and hybrid capital, general balance sheet management, leading investor diligence, and launching various other strategic initiatives. We’re looking for a bright, driven and team-oriented individual to join our team!
As a Capital Markets Associate you will:
- Play a direct role in financing Opendoor’s core business and continued expansion
- Guide the creation of an entirely new asset class within residential real estate
- Develop a deep understanding of Opendoor’s business model and strategy
- Build and maintain financial analyses
- Help negotiate, structure and execute financing facilities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Accounting, Finance, Legal and Operations teams to implement, refine and streamline financing practices
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with external partners, including investors, lenders and legal counsel
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience in investment banking / finance, management consulting, private equity or equivalent
- Excitement about working in a dynamic, fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Analytical mindset and strong problem solving capabilities
- Excellent organizational and prioritization abilities with acute attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to take ownership and independently drive projects to completion
- Understanding of financial statements and concepts
- Extensive experience working in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with asset-backed financing and securitization structures; experience with SQL and data analytics tooling
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description