Area Manager at Amherst
Open the door to your dream job and join #TeamMainStreet. With more than 22,000 homes in 30 markets, Main Street Renewal is one of the largest providers of single-family rental homes across the country. We understand that our employees are the invaluable drivers of our success. That's why we hire the most talented, passionate individuals who enjoy contributing to a growing, winning team. Here, you'll be a part of a fast-growing company dedicated to providing a best in class leasing and customer service experience to our residents.The Area Manager (Property Manager) is responsible for providing leadership, direction and oversight in the day-to-day field and customer service operations of a Main Street Renewal branch office. The branch operations consist of three departments: customer service, maintenance and renovation/turnover. Success in this role will be achieved by properly managing, retaining and training quality staff; meeting company Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); evaluating profit and loss performance; devoting time in the field to audit homes to ensure company quality standards are met and enforced; and compliance with all company policies and procedures. This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
A day in the life of an Area Manager
The Area Manager is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and oversight in the day-to-day field and customer service operations of a Main Street Renewal branch office. The branch operations consist of three departments: customer service, maintenance, and renovation/turnover. Success in this role will be achieved by properly managing, retaining, and training quality staff; meeting company Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); evaluating profit and loss performance; devoting time in the field to audit homes to ensure company quality standards are met and enforced, and compliance with all company policies and procedures. This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. This position is located in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Oversee the customer service policy and procedures by managing the following: scheduling of in-house maintenance techs; the point of contact for asset/resident escalations, day-to-day resident inquiries, connecting with MTM residents, reputation management, etc
- Reviewing urgency and details of open work orders brought to ensure residents and assets are promptly tended to
- Assist managers and departmental partners with any escalated issues by researching, problem-solving and customer service skills
- Maintain communication with HOA partners in the market, attend/schedule HOA hearings for violations, act as a liaison between resident and HOA partner, etc
- Community management oversight which includes performing/managing routine inspections assess for potential violations, reporting, vendor management, builder management, etc
- Attend evictions hearings, oversee occupancy checks, and schedule lockouts with attorney/sheriff’s office when necessary
- Ensure all managers and employees are knowledgeable of and in compliance with company policies and procedures by sufficiently training all staff and by the use of corporate reporting and audits
- Monitor property repair quality for initial, turnover and retail homes to ensure all homes are being held to company standards and are move-in ready by performing quality inspections by use of inspection reports, marketing photos, and details of repair scope
- Manage self-showing locking devices for each asset which includes inventory tracking
- Perform/schedule securing inspections following reports of potential scam/squatter issues of in-repair/marketed homes; the point of contact for any confirmed squatters and professionally explaining and executing on resolution; managing necessary repairs following gaining possession of the asset
- Regularly review company Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and coach for areas of opportunity. Additionally, responsible for NOI of the branch which is directly tied to KPIs
- Responsible for employee training, disciplinary actions, and performance reviews while promoting a positive work environment
- Lead/participate in group projects with fellow peers and team members to research and improve business operations
- Comply and enforce all applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws by maintaining proficient knowledge of all applicable rules, laws, regulations, etc.
What you will need to have
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or a minimum of 3-5 years as a Regional or District Manager with an emphasis on maintenance, renovation, customer service, and asset management.
- Management experience with a minimum of two managers with at least five direct reports on each manager’s team.
- Successful financial management experience, including profit and loss reports and budgets required
- Possesses excellent communication and people skills
- Real Estate License for local market preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word; as well as project and tenant management systems
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Main Street Renewal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.