11 years from our humble beginnings as the founders of Fruitridge Health & Wellness in Sacramento, Connected now maintains a portfolio of proprietary top-shelf cannabis genetics cultivated in state-of-the-art grow facilities. We are proud to be the largest grower of premium flower in California.
With three retail doors in California, recent expansion into Arizona and national expansion plans in motion, we operate one of the fastest growing, vertically integrated cannabis companies in the country.
Our mission has remained the same since day one: To breed, grow and sell the best cannabis in the world. This commitment to deliver at the absolute pinnacle comes to life in the standards we hold our product, our people, and our partners to every day.
Proprietary genetics cultivated with cutting-edge technology and over 100 years of combined plant cultivation experience has earned our flower the highest wholesale price in any major legal market. Our continued curiosity can be traced back to an early obsession with R&D that poured resources into what is now one of the most advanced cannabis breeding programs in the world.
In 2017, we welcomed Alien Labs to the Connected family; a partnership built on the foundation of like-minded quality standards and the desire to raise those standards across the industry.
Today, a new emphasis on elevated experiences will ride in tandem with geographical and menu expansion on the fast paced and thrilling road ahead for the entire Connected family of brands.About the Job
We have an immediate need for a full-time, AP & Treasury Coordinator to support our finance department.
The right individual will be organized, detail oriented, adaptable, collaborative, and will thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment. The AP & Treasury Coordinator will prepare vendor payments, reconcile bank balance and expense reports, enter data without error, provide audit support, verify funds, support multiple cash entities, and handle other duties as assigned. As AP & Treasury Coordinator, you will be an integral part of the Connected brand as we continue to grow and expand.
What You Will Do
- Sorting/Copying/Filing USPS Mail & Emails
- Vendor Maintenance ACU
- Scanning - approvals and payment records
- Assist with invoice entering and approvals
- Backfill Vault Room for Internal Transfers, AR Payments, and Prep Payments
- Provide coverage to retail locations for daily sales and vendor payments
- Assist with 1099
- Prepare payments for vendors and record these payments into our accounting software
- Reach out to vendors on a monthly basis for vendor statements and reconcile to our accounting files
- Prepare employee reimbursements after manager approvals and record entries in our accounting software
- Reconcile bank statements to accounting software and book entries as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For
- Must be 21+ years of age
- AA or BS/BA degree, accounting concentration or related coursework preferred
- 1-3 years of accounting or accounts payable experience, experience with multiple entities preferred
- Strong MS Office Suite & Google Sheets Skills
- Cannabis accounting experience a plus
- Organized and detail oriented with the ability to work well under deadlines in a changing environment
- Results oriented team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP preferred
- Demonstrate initiative and responsibility
- Remain focused while flexible/adaptable in an ever changing and fluid business environment
- Work well independently and alongside a team
- Are a creative thinker especially when problem solving
- Exercise discretion when dealing with matters of confidentiality
- Have stellar communication skills when it comes to speaking with employees at all levels
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Requires normal hearing range.
- Workplace is an office setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Connected is an exciting and innovative workplace with a highly engaged workforce brought together by a shared passion to be the best in the business. We are on a mission to breed, grow and sell the best cannabis in the world! This is a super unique opportunity to be part of the start-up stage of the booming cannabis industry. We are looking for exceptional people to join our team as we transition into the next phase of our business ventures and become a leader in the cannabis space.
- Competitive Pay
- Employee Discounts at Connected retail stores
- Employee Assistance Program, PTO
- Career Growth and Internal Advancement Opportunities
- Chance to work in an exciting new start-up industry with awesome people!
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent to this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.