Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Analyst Senior – Financial Planning & Analysis
Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Budgets and Rates Senior Analyst primarily for Strategic Support Units (SSUs) with Economic Value Added (EVA) business decisions.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish effective relationships and partner with internal and external customers.
- Interface at all levels as well as with the Customer.
- Reports within FP&A for Ball Aerospace.
- Participate in and lead departmental meetings.
- Be a Budget Process Owner responsible for budget inputs within cycle.
- Support of budget and rate tools; liaison with stakeholders.
- Coordinate within the budget process.
- Be responsible for current, accurate and complete budgets and rates.
- Prepare and present budgets and rates information.
- Analysis and value-added recommendations.
- Train on budgeting, structure, allocations and budget management.
- Contribute and adhere to FP&A work instructions and processes.
- Timely Forward Pricing Rate Proposal (FPRP) efforts.
- Prepare recommended rate pool alignments and structure; supports implementation.
- Support most-likely rate scenarios with recommendations.
- Provide what-if rate analyses and other ad-hoc analysis.
- Influence stakeholder understanding of budgets and rates with desired EVA outcomes .
- Understand program requirements and the associated forecast impacts of rates.
- Be responsible for understanding FP&A within a US Government contractor.
- Support audits: SOX, FPRP, Business Systems and EVMS JSRs.
- Support disclosure statement(s) updates and cost impact assessments.
- Analyze data using financial tools.
- Trends, variance analysis and root causes.
- Understand indirect activity and allocation methods.
- Drive efficiencies into reporting and process automation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be highly analytical along with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to prepare and present pertinent financial information.
- Ability to be a strong team player, professional, and conscientious.
- Ability to maintain a Manager agreed work schedule with ongoing communication.
- Possess sound critical thinking decision-making skills .
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and drive for results.
- Ability to inspires self and others, make lasting connections, and achieve results within a team environment
- Preferred tool knowledge:
- Ball Aerospace Resource Tool (BART)
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Budget tool experience (Adaptive Insights)
- Deltek Costpoint
- Microsoft: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Enterprise data warehouse (EDW)
- Business Objects
- Work is performed in an office environment and may include work from home.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.