Actuarial Sr Consultant - Medical Malpractice Pricing (P&C) at CNA
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Facilitates communication and provides technical guidance to Underwriting regarding the pricing of new and/or existing business and partners with other functional groups (e.g. Claims, Finance) on actuarial issues.
- Develops refinements to applicable rating plans and pricing models to support the proper pricing of individual risks; manage implementation of changes and drive conversations and training with underwriters to gain alignment
- Monitors the profitability and trends for a product line or segment.
- Produces highly technical reports and communicates with other analytical staff and management including presentations to senior management.
- Manages project teams and may be responsible for special projects and presentations.
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members and may lead and/or participate in special projects.
- Stays up to date in functional area of expertise on industry trends and developments and assures knowledge transfer within the organization.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
Director or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of core functions of an insurance company general insurance actuarial and statistical concepts.
- Advanced actuarial technical expertise and product specific knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNA's internal and external business partners.
- Strong analytical critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve complex situations and issues
- Solid project management organization and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects effectively and lead teams.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make critical business decisions effectively within scope of authority based on data analyses and reviews.
- Ability to solve issues with a sense of urgency; utilizes and manages the available resources to make informed decisions and achieve superior results.
- Ability to creatively and effectively manage through ambiguous and challenging problems leads through change and takes appropriate levels of risk.
- Ability to comprehend business data and metrics and to further articulate analyses of actuarial data within internal reports.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems including processing systems and applications.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Typically a minimum of seven years of related work experience.
- Typically has their Associate accreditation (ACAS) and may be working towards Fellowship; may include those that have attained their FCAS.