Accounts Payable Specialist - (Friday Work From Home Weekly Option) at Jushi (Miami, FL)
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST:
Want to make a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives while earning a competitive salary? At Jushi Holdings Inc. ”) (CSE: JUSH) (OTCQX: JUSHF), we are shaping the future of the cannabis industry, the fastest growing jobs sector in the U.S. The Accounts Payable Specialist will provide administrative and clerical support towards the accurate and timely processing of invoice and disbursements in compliance with established policies and procedures. This position is expected to perform all job responsibilities with a commitment to providing excellent service to vendors and internal colleagues while producing timely and accurate work product.
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Jushi is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis company that develops and operates high-end retail locations, premium brands, state-of-the-art cultivation, processing, manufacturing facilities, along with a cutting-edge online platform that is setting a new standard for a sophisticated, data-driven, modern cannabis experience.
Since its founding in 2018, Jushi has grown from just a handful of people with an idea to more than 900 employees strong. The Company has scaled its operations in seven states, including Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Illinois, California, Nevada, and Ohio, and has been named one of the top five cannabis companies to work for by Cannabis Business Times.
The Company operates more than two dozen retail locations across the country under the retail brand, BEYOND / HELLO™ as well as under the recently acquired brand, Nature’s Remedy. The Company provides an unparalleled in-store experience, coupled with online reservations and in-store express pickup.
Each day, Jushi team members continue to grow, cultivate, process and manufacture a comprehensive suite of cannabis brands under the names: The Bank, The Lab, Tasteology, Nira + Medicinals and Sèche, which are addressing a wide variety of consumer and patient needs across multiple states.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Reviews, verifies, and enters invoices along with proper workflow approvals; code and enter credit memos from vendors
- Monitor and maintain assigned entity inboxes; ensure timely responses to all inquiries
- Process rush requests; obtains proper approvals prior to submitting for payment
- Formulate payment packages for assigned entities
- Respond to payment questions and manages vendor account details
- Research and solves payment discrepancies
- Verify and investigate discrepancies by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements
- Facilitates gathering and submitting information for new vendor creation
- Consistently meet processing and reporting deadlines
- Partner and communicate with internal/external stakeholders to understand invoices, clarify questions, and resolve issues
- Maintain ongoing communication with vendors to help maintain solid relationships
- Assist with month-end closing, including posting transactions to ledgers and journals
- Provide supporting documents for internal and external audits
- Perform other duties as required to support the Accounts Payable Department to include special projects as assigned and requested
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting and 3 years Accounts Payable experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable practices and procedures
- Ability to reliably initiate and complete work assignments/projects
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Possess sense of urgency, responsiveness, and strong customer service orientation
- Solid organization skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task in an environment where regular interruptions are normal
- Must be able to effectively interact with internal colleagues and vendors in a professional manner
- Strong computer skills to include proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Experience with accounting software and OCR technology; Sage Intacct and Mineral Tree is a plus
- Ability to operate both independently and as part of a team
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-, and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
BONUS DUTIES YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.