Our mission is to simplify and democratize the path to financial security for everyone. For too long, access to high-quality single family real estate has been reserved for the ultra-wealthy; leaving out everyday individuals from participating in the #1 source of American wealth.
We’ve designed a full-stack, vertically integrated model that aligns incentives with stakeholders and offers a seamless way to own high-yield rental homes entirely online. As we succeed together, we will play a key role in closing the wealth gap.
Doorvest has raised almost $20m from founders/execs at top fintech companies such as Invitation Homes, Wealthfront, Sundae Homes, Opendoor and many others.
- Own monthly close process and financial statement preparation, which includes consolidating multiple entities
- Have a stake in developing our accounting processes from scratch
- Oversee bill pay
- Own payroll
- Manage any third-party due diligence such as taxes, audit, financings, 409a etc.
- Manage ad hoc accounting projects
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Growth minded and respond well to feedback
- Able to be hands-on, but also see the bigger picture
- Technical accounting expertise (GAAP, SEC a bonus)
- Project management skills
- Able to research complex topics and clearly communicate findings
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty
- Big 4 experience
- Worked in a remote first organization
- Experience in proptech or real estate accounting
- Experience with stock compensation and equity accounting
COMPENSATION: $100,000 per year
As an early team member, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a scrappy, close knit team in an energetic environment. We believe this role is mission critical and will be offering substantial equity.
What we're able to offer
- Opportunity to have an incredible impact and build a venture-backed startup from the ground up
- Substantial ownership in the company you’re building
- Competitive salary
- 401k plan with 5% match
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Various physical, mental, & financial wellness perks
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Doorvest. Doorvest is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.