Our Field Sales Development Representatives interact face to face with our customers, understand their needs and consult to offer the right solutions. We work collaboratively in Field Sales Teams and play a critical role in supporting our customer centric business model.
The Field Sales Development Representative is a member of the Inside Sales team and will focus on selling companion animal products within an assigned territory that is vacant. The Field Sales Development Representative will temporarily reside in the vacant territory and move from territory to territory as needed. This representative is responsible for working with the Regional Manager that has quota responsibility for the vacant territory to understand and identify veterinary clinic and corporate account customer needs by selling our Company's Animal Health products, helping pull-through activities relative to the customer strategy, and ensuring that our Company is viewed as bringing value and technical innovations aligned to our strategic focus, the Science of Healthier Animals.
In addition, the Field Sales Development Representative demonstrates the highest level of competency and thoroughly understands the resources available across our Company and our Distribution Partners. Performance will be measured on sales goal achievement, as well as targeted promotions and other performance standards consistent with operating objectives. Top-performing Field Sales Development Representatives may be offered growth opportunities to transition to US field-based sales roles in the future which will likely require relocation.
Travel requirements will vary nationally based on business need, up to 75%.
- Ability to quickly build rapport with key customers, including distribution partners, to have an immediate impact covering vacancy.
- Communicates product details in a way that's meaningful and relevant to each individual customer; customizes discussions and client interactions based on understanding of customer's needs
- Primary point of contact for assigned customers, set up calls with key personnel/decision makers to comprehend practice structure, business model, key influencers (Owner/Practice Manager/Key Tech/Associate Vet), customer needs and identifies business opportunities.
- Develop customer strategy - outlining strategy for interaction, relationship, solutions, partner involvement and potential offerings for customer resulting in sales opportunities and account sales growth of our Company's Animal Health Companion Animal products and services.
- Develop territory and specific account plans for all key customers. Partners with National Account Managers, Corporate Account Team, and Distribution Partners to maintain strong focus on key accounts and corporate owned clinics to drive occupancy and sales growth.
- Shares learning and best-practices from one customer to help other customers meet their needs. Contributes with other team members within the Inside Sales Department to foster growth and development within the team.
- Analyze sales results on a monthly basis and manage expenses within budget guidelines.
- Identifies and selects programs/services available within our Company's Animal Health available resources to address customer needs and provide education & training opportunities to accounts.
- Works with Manager, Marketing, Commercial Operations or Professional Services Veterinarian to develop and deliver relevant offerings that address desired customer needs
- Maintain current understanding of our Company's Animal Health products, industry trends, competitor landscape, business model, key influencers/ network structure and make information available to relevant stakeholders and to influence sales trends.
- Able to articulate and communicate relevant customer, industry, product, and market trends appropriately through the organization.
- Background & Education:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal communications and presentation skills.
- Successful candidate must be flexible and have the ability to adapt to a changing environment
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Documented sales experience.
- Experience selling animal healthcare products and services through veterinary and/or shelter channel is preferred.
- Knowledge of biological products and the ability to engage in dialogue with medical professionals is a plus.
- Understanding the role of a distribution partner and/or past experience working with distribution.
- Ability to relocate for career growth.
#MSJR #ETjobs #EBRG
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separationpackage, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, then your employment may pose an undue burden to business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment, or your employment could be terminated. Please also note that, where permitted by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for positions, such as in Global Employee Health, where the Company determines in its discretion that the nature of the role presents an increased risk of disease transmission.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. For more information about personal rights under the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment laws, visit:
EEOC Know Your Rights
EEOC GINA Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively.
Learn more about your rights, including under California, Colorado and other US State Acts
U.S. Hybrid Work Model
Effective September 5, 2023, employees in office-based positions in the U.S. will be working a Hybrid work consisting of three total days on-site per week, generally Tuesday, Wednesday and either Monday or Thursday, although the specific days may vary by site or organization, with Friday designated as a remote-working day, unless business critical tasks require an on-site presence. This Hybrid work model does not apply to, and daily in-person attendance is required for, field-based positions; facility-based, manufacturing-based, or research-based positions where the work to be performed is located at a Company site; positions covered by a collective-bargaining agreement (unless the agreement provides for hybrid work); or any other position for which the Company has determined the job requirements cannot be reasonably met working remotely. Please note, this Hybrid work model guidance also does not apply to roles that have been designated as "remote".
Under New York State, Colorado State, Washington State, and California State law, the Company is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this job. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into account a number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate's relevant skills, experience, and education.
Expected salary range:
$72,880.00 - $114,600.00
Available benefits include bonus eligibility, health care and other insurance benefits (for employee and family), retirement benefits, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days. For Washington State Jobs, a summary of benefits is listed here .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License: